Alternatives to Odyssey coffin case?

Default Alternatives to Odyssey coffin case?

I'd love to hear if anyone has found an alternative to Odyssey coffin cases. I recently purchased one but it is incredibly heavy and not something I find easy to maneuver or transport. While its sturdy it feels unnecessarily onerous for my needs which is going from home to local gigs. Any lighter alternatives people are happy with?

Tech Convert

Depends on the gear you have, value you put it at, and such. There are soft cases but.... first of all we would need to know what kit you have. I have an Odyssey case for my RX2 but for a $1700 kit, I kinda want the protection and can still use it in the bottom part of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzikFreq View Post
    Depends on the gear you have, value you put it at, and such. There are soft cases but.... first of all we would need to know what kit you have. I have an Odyssey case for my RX2 but for a $1700 kit, I kinda want the protection and can still use it in the bottom part of the case.
    Right...yes...good point. It would help to understand my setup better.

I have a two deck Pioneer setup. XDJ-1000s MK2 and a DJM750 MK2. I mostly play for fun but do find myself lugging my equipment to house parties and such. The Odyssey case is nice in that I can wire everything ahead of time but the maneuverability of it is really difficult especially if I'm toting my gear solo.

The coffin case format and size works for me...but just not the materials used to construct it. I'd love it to be like 30 lbs lighter.

Lol tell me about it. I have an Odyssey FX coffin for my NXS2 setup. The only other company I know of is ProX cases but their cases are pretty much built the same way. I will admit ProX has nicer wheels on their bigger controller cases. My friend has a ProX case for his denon controller and the wheels are more like roller blade wheels than those weird steamroller style wheels commonly found on most coffins and stuff.

The reason I put up with the size and bulk of the coffin is because I have everything hardwired inside with custom power input and audio outs built into the side of the coffin to cut setup times in half.
    Last edited by pacific808; 03-05-2018 at 03:20 AM.