Midifighter Twister: Change shift encoder hold channel? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Ditto

I'm having the same problem. The manual says the Shift Rotary Encoder transmits on channel 5 (but doesn't mention a way to modify that). And it actually transmits on channel 1.

And I too would like to disable the Encoder Switch when using the Shift Encoder.

(Maybe their programmer quit after designing the Twister, and now nobody knows how to do things like this?)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsphinx View Post
    I'm having the same problem. The manual says the Shift Rotary Encoder transmits on channel 5 (but doesn't mention a way to modify that). And it actually transmits on channel 1.

And I too would like to disable the Encoder Switch when using the Shift Encoder.

(Maybe their programmer quit after designing the Twister, and now nobody knows how to do things like this?)
    This is sad. One of the main reasons I bought this machine.

Default Problem solved!

since those last two peepz missed the solution, I repost it for my fellow twister sisters

Quote Originally Posted by formantzero View Post
    I read this (and other related) threads hoping to find an answer to this frustrating issue — people posting that with the shift encoder hold set on a knob, a turn would send CC messages on channel 1. No matter what channel was selected for the knob, or for the encoder switch, after pressing the encoder and holding it down and twisting, it would always go to channel 1.

This behaviour was easy to see by configuring the knob to be on a different channel. Then you can clearly see: knob turn sends CC on the chosen channel, pressing the knob sends CC on ch2, and pressing/holding and turning sends CC on ch1. There seems to be no way to configure this in the utility.

Many people reported the same thing, and confusion because the manual says the shift encoder hold should, when held and turned, send on midi channel 5. And for some people it was working.

Someone mentioned you have to factory reset. People have said they tried that and it still didn’t work. I myself tried it and it didn’t work.

Here’s the mistake I made. You can’t factory reset and then just import settings you exported BEFORE the factory reset. Those settings seem to have ch 1 baked in. Since it isn’t selectable in the utility the way the default (non held) channel and the encoder switch channels are, or even the system midi channel, it just seemed to default to 1. With the newest firmware if you factory reset first, then this defaults to ch5 on shift encoder hold. This is what we are all expecting.

So the bottom line is get the latest firmware. Upgrade. Then reset to factory settings. Then remap all your knobs and colours from scratch. Do not import a settings file made before the reset. I did this and am now happily sending on ch5 with any of the knobs I’ve set to shift encoder hold.

Quote Originally Posted by elflow View Post
    since those last two peepz missed the solution, I repost it for my fellow twister sisters
    i don't see that as a solution to the post question, it's just an explanation on the how the shift encoder works, which of course is useful to know.

as for the post original question, is it possible to change the shift encoders channel to anything other than channel 5?
    Last edited by inaroom; 07-02-2021 at 04:48 AM.

Default No dice

Quote Originally Posted by inaroom View Post
    i don't see that as a solution to the post question, it's just an explanation on the how the shift encoder works, which of course is useful to know.

as for the post original question, is it possible to change the shift encoders channel to anything other than channel 5?
    No it isn’t. I’ve raised several tickets and read the manual a number of times.

The twister has functionality baked into several midi channels (led control, shift etc). It is frustratingly not possible to reassign or disable this functionality. Also, the super knob CCs are baked in which is crap for devices like Elektron where the CC #s are defined in the device and you need to change the CC # on the twister to make it work.

If the god of midifighter utility is listening I would love to be able to reassign/disable the functions on the midi channels, and I would love to be able to reassign the cc #s on the super knobs.

Default No dice

Quote Originally Posted by inaroom View Post

No it isnÂ’t. IÂ’ve raised several tickets and read the manual a number of times.

The twister has functionality baked into several midi channels (led control, shift etc). It is frustratingly not possible to reassign or disable this functionality. Also, the super knob CCs are baked in which is crap for devices like Elektron where the CC #s are defined in the device and you need to change the CC # on the twister to make it work.

If the god of midifighter utility is listening I would love to be able to reassign/disable the functions on the midi channels, and I would love to be able to reassign the cc #s on the super knobs.

Default Progress?

Hi all, it's six months since the last post and I'm wondering if there's been any movement on this front.

The fact that the shift encoder midi channel can be overwritten by importing an MF settings file that was saved with the buggy default settings (where the shift encoder channel was set to 1 instead of 5) kind of suggests that it's something that can be changed.

Default 2 Channels 1 knob

This is quite literally the reason I purchased the Twister over another option.

Can we please have this functionality?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad View Post
    Hi all, it's six months since the last post and I'm wondering if there's been any movement on this front.

The fact that the shift encoder midi channel can be overwritten by importing an MF settings file that was saved with the buggy default settings (where the shift encoder channel was set to 1 instead of 5) kind of suggests that it's something that can be changed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12