Mapping for Pioneer DDJ SB3 for Traktor - URGENT - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Thanks a lot Guys for your great feedback on the mapping!

I just did a double check the provided mapping for RB and there were no commands involved for PadFX and PadScratch pages. That is why I mapped the Insta Beatmashers. If you manage to find correct file I could look in to add those two page
    When I tested the existing maps (SB2 or RB) the pads were working fine on scratch and FX fade effects (i remember the effects button and the volume were automated). Sorry i'm not sure which map was correct.
    I agree with the Tsunami on the feedback, but everything is fine for me to use it

Tech Convert

Sorry, just seen with the pitch fader question, yeah it has a resting point in the middle =)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If the "Pad Scratch" midi is automated in the controller it should be easy to map in Traktor. I can post something regarding pad scratching for test if anybody is interested.

Sorry, just seen with the pitch fader question, yeah it has a resting point in the middle =)
    Thanks for your answer - my plan was to set a Shift+Tempo command to reset the BPM - nice to know that the center detents are already built in.

Smile Updated to v.0.1.4

Hey Guys,

I made emulation of SB3 Pad Modes with my Maschine Jam hardware in order to complete this mapping. Function vise it's gonna be close to Serato mapping because I'm not sure about the Pad Scratch mode and that's where I need your help

The SAMPLER mode is now updated to all eight pads with LED feedback. And for TRANS mode I plan to map the tone play feature.
    The PAD SCRATCH currently is mapped to Pad1 only (first pattern) only to test the behavior. I've added the "Jog Turn" mapped it to correct midi note and set interaction mode to Relative. It would be absolutely amazing if it works. If not it's no biggie, at least all other modes will be populated with many functions.

Pad Scratch and Sampler: SB3_Traktor_v0.1.4.zip

Best,

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey Guys,

I made emulation of SB3 Pad Modes with my Maschine Jam hardware in order to complete this mapping. Function vise it's gonna be close to Serato mapping because I'm not sure about the Pad Scratch mode and that's where I need your help

The SAMPLER mode is now updated to all eight pads with LED feedback. And for TRANS mode I plan to map the tone play feature.
    The PAD SCRATCH currently is mapped to Pad1 only (first pattern) only to test the behavior. I've added the "Jog Turn" mapped it to correct midi note and set interaction mode to Relative. It would be absolutely amazing if it works. If not it's no biggie, at least all other modes will be populated with many functions.

Pad Scratch and Sampler: SB3_Traktor_v0.1.4.zip

Best,
    Hi Stewe, the scratch pads are working fine
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dmarcelob View Post
    Hi Stewe, the scratch pads are working fine
    Cheers
    WOW! That's amazing. I'm going to upload this on maps then.

Thanks for checking it out.
    Best,

Tech Convert

Tried it out last night in a live gig (I knew I could switch to Serato if needed, but it was a quite night either way so it didn't matter that much)...

Pitch faders are hard takeover, so if you've used Sync as a quick get out of jail set the bpm, you will need to be careful about pitch slider initially. (I'm used to most only taking over after you have come back to where the pitch fader is set in the software)

Shift+platter does not skip forward like I am so reliant on currently.

The auto HPF/LPF mix section works the same as on Serato which is great, the scratch emulation only really works on the simple scratches on pad 1/5 as the others push forward by too much still... In fact, it felt like the speed of my own scratching was slightly out, perhaps by as much as 10% and it just didn't feel natural at all...

Sampler section and deck3+4 still empty as Im sure you are well aware

Overall, it's certainly usable and honestly saves me a tonne of work if I decide to stick with Traktor (I coded several controllers years ago but the time input needed is always a daunting task)... I feel I have to stick with Serato for now, even if it can't searched based on folder names (something I had been doing for years - like saving tracks in an _edits folder so I could just search for _edits and find them all quickly >.> )

Hi, thanks for the mapping! I've used it a few times and everything works great for me apart from the cue feature for the headphones. I can't get it to play the inactive deck's track on its own, I just hear the master out and then when I press the cue button it simply plays over the top.

I tried it in Serato and the master button just under the headphones knob switches between isolating the cue track and then playing the master out sound.

Any ideas on if this can be fixed for Traktor?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Shift+platter does not skip forward like I am so reliant on currently.
    What seems to be the issue? I used Seek Position command which always worked great.

The auto HPF/LPF mix section works the same as on Serato which is great, the scratch emulation only really works on the simple scratches on pad 1/5 as the others push forward by too much still... In fact, it felt like the speed of my own scratching was slightly out, perhaps by as much as 10% and it just didn't feel natural at all...
    Scratching with MIDI will always be slightly off due to mapping low resolution midi message.

Sampler section and deck3+4 still empty as Im sure you are well aware
    I just double checked the mapping and Sampler and it looks like the sample cells are already mapped in. As for deck C and D control it will have to wait until I have some free time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    Hi, thanks for the mapping! I've used it a few times and everything works great for me apart from the cue feature for the headphones. I can't get it to play the inactive deck's track on its own, I just hear the master out and then when I press the cue button it simply plays over the top.

I tried it in Serato and the master button just under the headphones knob switches between isolating the cue track and then playing the master out sound.

Any ideas on if this can be fixed for Traktor?
    Thanks
    It could be fixed by mapping cue/mix command to your "Master" button. I'll put this in notes.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast