Launchpad Pro - Crossfader Mapping Issue
    Tech Convert

Exclamation Launchpad Pro - Crossfader Mapping Issue

Hey all! So I'm in the process of building a DJ template with Ableton 10 and my Launchpad Pro and I've reached a snag in my process. In User Mode, I'm trying to assign a row of buttons to the crossfader (really easy to do, several videos on YouTube explaining it) but I'm getting a little of a glitch in the process. When I slide my finger across the assigned row, the crossfader starts on one side and reaches the other, but negates about 80% of the middle. Meaning, I have the range of 100%-90% left and 90%-100% right. So it's like it's cutting, but with a little, really step-like fade inbetween. Is there a way to ensure that I not only have a smooth transition, but can I also take advantage of the LP-Pro's auto-fade capability without having to actually slide my finger across the entire row? (Meaning, lightly tap the other side and let the Launchpad Pro do the fade for me)

I know this forum is mostly Traktor and Serato mappings, but hopefully there's a Launchpad Guru floating around and sees my cry for help! Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Tech Convert

Well, I figured it out, guys. The issue is that the Launchpad Pro's midi values (notes) stop after 4 buttons, creating two separate columns of notes. I knew this, but didn't put it together. When you map an entire column or row, you're actually mapping all the values in between, not just in that column or row.

To solve this, I simply assigned the crossfader to the buttons at the bottom (Track Select, Solo, etc.) since they are mapped with consecutive values and it works like a charm!

Default Remapping Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by joshlikesdrums View Post
    Well, I figured it out, guys. The issue is that the Launchpad Pro's midi values (notes) stop after 4 buttons, creating two separate columns of notes. I knew this, but didn't put it together. When you map an entire column or row, you're actually mapping all the values in between, not just in that column or row.

To solve this, I simply assigned the crossfader to the buttons at the bottom (Track Select, Solo, etc.) since they are mapped with consecutive values and it works like a charm!
    Hello everyone! I have EXACTLY the same problem! Mapping the bottom buttons works but it is not ideal, especially because I want to be able to use other fading effects. How would it be possible to remap the values in a continuous way?