Xone 4D High Sierra
    Tech Mentor

Default Xone 4D High Sierra

I have updated to High Sierra and installed the newest driver that is supposed to run with it. However, in Traktor, after allowing "Ploytech" within the security setup, it comes up with a latency of 0 and when I click play on a deck, it does not play. Traktor does also not receive any midi-files.

Tech Student

Hi! I have a Xone4D as well. Did you update the audio firmware for the Xone4D v1.4.1 as well? I tried to update the firmware but I kept receiving the message the application is damaged. I have put a support ticket in with A&H, hopefully they will get this fixed relatively soon.

Tech Student

It's WORKING AGAIN!! Here is how to get around the OSX Gatekeeper issue when trying to install the Xone4D audio firmware.

1st.
    Temporarily disable the Gatekeeper using command lines from the Mac's Terminal app as follows:
    (procedure is also demonstrated n the video HERE)
    Run Terminal and enter the following command to turn Gatekeeper OFF:
    sudo spctl --master-disable
    Hit return and enter the admin password as usually required by sudo.
    Gatekeeper will now be disabled.
    Run the FWUpdater_X4D_141.app following UI prompts as is detailed on p2 of the v3317_2 Release Notes
    Exit after completing.
    Next, reopen Terminal and enter the following command to turn Gatekeeper back ON:
    sudo spctl --master-enable
    Restart the Mac

2nd
    If you don't want to run command line, you can run the update from a FAT-32 formatted USB thumb drive;
    Connect an empty thumb drive to the Mac
    Run the Disc Utility app (in; Finder>Applications>Utilities>)
    Click on the drive icon
    Select the Erase tab at the top of the UI
    Select MS-DOS (FAT) from the available options
    Click Erase to format the thumb drive.
    When completed, close the Disc Utility app and open the thumb drive in Finder
    Next, copy the FWUpdater_X4D_141.zip file to the thumb drive
    Double-click on the file to expand the .zip
    Double-click on the file to expand the application
    - a prompt with the following message will be displayed:
    'You are opening the application "FWUpdater_X4D_141" for the first time. Are you sure you want to open this application?'
    Click Open
    Run the FWUpdater .app following UI prompts as is detailed on p2 of the v3317_2 Release Notes
    NOTE: on some systems the app may minimize to the dock by default when opening.
    If the UI displayed in the first 'Step2 image isn't displayed automatically, check the DOCK and click on the icon to run the update