Am I right?

Thread: Am I right?

Default Am I right?

Hello everyone,

I played with CDs for the first 17 years of my DJ Career and since 1 year now I Play with Virtual-DJ and a Controller.

In 10 days I will Play a Chill Out, Deep House, House, Drum'n'Bass Night with 2 other DJ's. (My part will be Deep House)

The booth is not really large enough for each of us to bring his own Equipment but they have 2 XDJ-1000 there.

So my question is:

If I make a stick and Analyse the tracks with Rekordbox, do I get all the Tags, Waveforms, CUE-Points ...well everything I made in Rekordbox, on the XDJ's Display???

I know this question must have been asked many times already Long time ago...Sorry...but a serious answer would seriously help that Old DJ I am.

Thanx in advance for Support.

Best Regards

Yes. Keep in mind, if they are MK1's, there will only be 3 available cue points
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Thanx for the answer the Bastet.

I analysed all my Songs on the Stick over night, when I wanted to Close Rekordbox a message came up "you're about to Close Rekordbox without adding the tracks to the Library YES/NO", I guess this is important if I want to use Rekordbox DJ no?
    I don't really Need a Library as everything is on my Stick no?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins View Post
    Thanx for the answer the Bastet.

I analysed all my Songs on the Stick over night, when I wanted to Close Rekordbox a message came up "you're about to Close Rekordbox without adding the tracks to the Library YES/NO", I guess this is important if I want to use Rekordbox DJ no?
    I don't really Need a Library as everything is on my Stick no?
    rekrodbox works by managing your library with all your metadata and cue points. It can then export chosen playlists to external media (USB storage or SD card) as a packaged database. I would advise adding any music you analysed to the rekordbox library.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

OK Here are my experiences:

Analysing my Sticks apparently didn't work.

I had no informations on the XDJs Displays. No Waveline, no Bpm, no CUE-Point.
    Only Information I had was Duration of the Tracks.

We tried to Sync the 2 linked XDJ's and the message came up that Tracks have to be analysed with Rekordbox previously.

I guess it has something to do with what Happydan said. One of the other DJs meant that it's only possible to Export Playlists from Rekordbox not to Analyse Tracks that are already over a Stick.

If this is true I have to work on my Playlist before the Gig Right???
    I just wanted to Analyse the Tracks on the Stick and then (like I always do) make my Selection "On the FLy" during the Gig and not use a pre-made Playlist.

Fortunately I made Subfolders on that Stick with the Tracks classified by Bpms, which didn't make my set being a too big fiasco, but it would have been nicer to have the informations on the Display.

You can't analyze the tracks directly on the USB stick. You need to drag all the tracks from the USB stick into the Rekordbox collection, and after it's done analyzing, export them back out to the USB stick. Rekordbox 5 is smart enough not to duplicate the tracks, and only export the Rekordbox database with the analyze data.

To export the tracks you can select them all in the collection, right click and go to Export. To export playlists you can use the Sync Manager (bottom left).