theplaydeck.com - chrome experiment

Default theplaydeck.com - chrome experiment

Hello

I am a software developer and a hobbyist Dj (just started few month ago).

As an experiment i have developed "Dj Player" in browser, i know there are some other better solutions but it was created just for fun.

I will be more than happy to hear from you any kind of suggestions, ideas, improvements, critics... if you'll have any

http://theplaydeck.com

Thats pretty cool actually. I hope it sticks around.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Hey this is really well done! I had expected this page to use a boatload of CPU power but my trusty old MB 2013 handled it without any problems, I did one small mix and everything worked really well! I like the keyboard shortcuts and the interface is actually quite intuitive, keep up the great work this was a joy to use!

Edit:
    Found one bug on Mac OS 10.13.15 FF 60.0.2 the loading of tracks only works the initial first time and after that the button does not trigger a reaction.
    Last edited by DJDoubleYou; 06-17-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I'd love to see the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    I'd love to see the source code.
    Yhea me too

Just one question, why is it called a chrome experiment? It works just fine on Firefox?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Works well! The loop row should be made a little bigger comparing to other transport buttons. Also, performing a double click on mixer EQ knobs should reset value to center position.

I am really glad that you liked it and huge thanks to everyone who responded.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Just one question, why is it called a chrome experiment? It works just fine on Firefox?
    idea was to submit it to https://experiments.withgoogle.com/chrome, i have't tested it fully yet in a different browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Works well! The loop row should be made a little bigger comparing to other transport buttons. Also, performing a double click on mixer EQ knobs should reset value to center position.
    Definitely will add eq reset on double click in next update, thanks!

Also what i really wanted to add is the ability to play music from cloud, via soundcloud or beatport or some other service, but can't get their API keys yet

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Hey this is really well done! I had expected this page to use a boatload of CPU power but my trusty old MB 2013 handled it without any problems
    Yes it's related to waveform rendering engine, CPU load jumps when waveform is zoomed and it's scrolling.
    I have some ideas how to optimize it, but do not want to waste time on it yet.

For now i just want to collect feedback if it's useful for anyone and if it is, in which direction should i continue development.

I had some fun with it again today and just a couple of things:
    * The looping system slightly ruins the phase of the track which throws it of beat
    * Once a track is finished, on scrolling back the main waveform does not work (only the mini version)
    * Zooming the main waveform does not work for me unless it is the first track I load into the deck
    * Loading a new track does not work in Firefox (only empty decks can be loaded)

Any plans to open source this?