buzzing sound

Thread: buzzing sound

Tech Convert

Default buzzing sound

so at a show last night, had a kinda irritating buzzing/humming sound coming from my soundcard. i just played through it, after a while it wasnt too bad. Just wondering what would be causing this kind of humming and buzzing?

Sounds like a grounding loop, check out this site for more info and the different fix's -

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/g...m_solving.html

Oh yeah.

also try unplugging your laptop power and see if you still get the buzz, its possible the buzz is coming from the laptop as that's pretty common. You want to unplug devices one by one until you get to the one that you know is causing the grounding loop problem.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bit_thief View Post
    so at a show last night, had a kinda irritating buzzing/humming sound coming from my soundcard. i just played through it, after a while it wasnt too bad. Just wondering what would be causing this kind of humming and buzzing?
    buy a line box ..

http://www.thomann.de/se/behringer_di20_di_box.htm

It will do the trick

Hi, i got problem with a sort of buzz too. I purchased brand new vcm 100, installed all drivers and plugged it to the laptop. And i hear that annoying buzz all the time but only from headphones out. Everything's allright when i use master or booth out - there are no distruptions. I think it's not the matter of grounding because i grounded vcm 100 to the mixer. And when i plugged the vcm 100 to stationary pc there was no buzzing sound. I could use some help here

yeah its the power supply, my laptop does it when i use internal sound card but with the ak1 there is no noise.
    A ground loop isolator will fix the issue.
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

i too have the same problem as you bart. just got the vcm 100. and i too have that buzzing in the headphone and doesn't seem to effect the rca outputs on the back. did you find a fix for this. would powering the vcm with a power adapter rather than the usb from my macbook help with this?