ADJ Lighting Wifi Controller Help
    Tech Student

Default ADJ Lighting Wifi Controller Help

Hi all, first post - I'm wondering, I'm about to get an American DJ WiFLY NE1 Wireless DMX Controller with a American DJ WiFLY EXR Battery Powered Wireless DMX Transceiver but Im wondering if I even need the transceiver? All the lights are ADJ so it makes sense to get these but we've got a big name playing in about a month and I need to know haha.. Also wondering if theres a way I see the music the DJ is playing through Rekordbox but being like 10 metres away? I cant stand over their shoulders and watch them play but they do drop fake drops and I wanna avoid that as much as possible..

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Which ADJ lights do you have? I have the NE1, the only fixtures that work with the NE1 natively are those that have WiFly built in such as the QA5 pars/bars.

You can get a cheap Donner DMX transmitter and plug that into the NE1 but you will need a DMX transceiver for one of the fixtures then DMX link all the lights.

The EXR batteries are great - I have a few which I use with 2 ADJ moving heads. The NE1 and EXR just need to be in the same channel and they work effortlessly.

I can't answer your Rekordbox question - never heard of it

if you read the description of the NE1, you'd know it will work with ADJ WiFLY series lights so no, you dont need the transceiver as long as your ADJ lights are the WiFLY series. and for your second question, yes but i hope you got a large budget https://djtechtools.com/2017/10/12/c...s-showkontrol/

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    if you read the description of the NE1, you'd know it will work with ADJ WiFLY series lights so no, you dont need the transceiver as long as your ADJ lights are the WiFLY series.
    The WiFly series is very limited though. The NE1 will work with any DMXable fixture as it has a DMX out. I have 10 non-ADJ Wifi/battery (not WiFly) uplighters that work just great with the NE1 with a DMX transmitter connected to the NE1.