New toys and software from Native Instruments ... including Traktor Pro 3! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    NI always do this. They usually call it a 'Grace Period' so if you buy TP2 within a small time period near to the release date (at the same price at the new full version) you get a free upgrade. It's standard practice.
    If you bought TP2 outside of the grace period you won't get a free upgrade.

Nobody benefits more than anyone else. When the next version of Traktor comes out, those that purchased within the grace period will not qualify for the next grace period but they will qualify for a discounted version as do all TP2 owners do now.

This attracts new users early and boosts preorders and, it's fair for new users.
    No such deal was available when I bought my old Traktor 1.2.7 licence and TP2 came out in a month later.... although, they had a convulted Duo/Pro/Scratch options back then, it was a mess.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    No such deal was available when I bought my old Traktor 1.2.7 licence and TP2 came out in a month later.... although, they had a convulted Duo/Pro/Scratch options back then, it was a mess.
    I'm sure there was a discounted offer from TP1 to TP2. Remember, we are talking about people that do not own any version of Traktor buying TP2 just a few weeks prior to TP3 release. We're not talking about owners of a version of Traktor getting a grace period.

There was a discounted grace period for those that bought Traktor DJ Studio 3 or Traktor Scratch just prior to Traktor Pro 1 coming out. I was one of those that got TP1 for free after buying the Scratch upgrade kit with the Audio 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I'm sure there was a discounted offer from TP1 to TP2. Remember, we are talking about people that do not own any version of Traktor buying TP2 just a few weeks prior to TP3 release. We're not talking about owners of a version of Traktor getting a grace period.

There was a discounted grace period for those that bought Traktor DJ Studio 3 or Traktor Scratch just prior to Traktor Pro 1 coming out. I was one of those that got TP1 for free after buying the Scratch upgrade kit with the Audio 8.
    My memory from 8 years ago is not so good...I will have to check, I think I originally bought not TP1 licence but Duo licence. Then I later purchased secondhand TP1 licence for cheap. Maybe they offered no upgrade from Duo to TP2? Or did they had in the begining also Duo 2?
    I think I still have registered Duo 1 and Pro 1 licences to my old account
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I think the Pro 3 upgrade is worth the £46. The fact the DVS is available to all sound cards is a big deal for me, the introduction of the newer timestretch software, the newer layout and the effects make it worth the money, considering I haven't paid for Traktor in seven years.

Although I'm mystified as to why there is a VC100 mapping bundled with the software, but not one for VCI400. Probably because Vestax is gone (but not forgotten). I had intended on selling my 400, but not now. Not now we can map the new effects to the filter and probably map the stems to the old effect pots, giving the 4 decks a better, more intuitive feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    Although I'm mystified as to why there is a VC100 mapping bundled with the software, but not one for VCI400. Probably because Vestax is gone (but not forgotten).
    It'll be because the 400 was a Serato-specific controller, I suspect.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by astromech View Post
    It'll be because the 400 was a Serato-specific controller, I suspect.
    Timecode doesn't work with the VCI-400, I've just tried it and there isn't a sufficient signal to drive Traktor, even with Traktor vinyl.

Might just sell them on now, which is a shame 'cause I love that hardware.

Will this the compatible with DJM900nxs? Looks really cool love the new limiter, time stretching and slip reverse

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I just realised....you can now buy Rane SL1 and TTM 57 mixer and probably use them to run the new Traktor Pro 3 DVS (with ASIO4ALL drivers?)
    Please tell me this is a thing. My 57 is glaring at me every day.

Quote Originally Posted by bnutz View Post
    Please tell me this is a thing. My 57 is glaring at me every day.
    My SL1 works with Traktor 3. I imagine the 57 does too.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

What about the Pio S9???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast