Gear Advice please - I need a mixer with split cue x

Default Gear Advice please - I need a mixer with split cue x

Hello everybody,

I am wondering could you please give me some advice. I currently have the XDJ 700's and I am looking for a mixer to go with them, however I need to guarantee that they have the split cue function on beforehand. I live in a shared house which is very quiet and my housemates are not going to appreciate the techno ha ha. So when I am at home, the majority of the time I will need to mix solely in my headphones and not out loud through my speakers. This isn't ideal, but I would rather do this than not practice at all.

I have my eye on the pioneer DJM 350 or 450 or Xone 32 mixers. I have heard mixed reviews about each of these - some people have said they do not have split cue and some people saying they do. Does anybody have any experience and could offer me some advice before I part with my money?- what would you recommend?

I am quite new to Djing, so sorry if this sounds a bit silly,

Thanks a lot,

Ashley x

Greetings Ashley,

I don't have any experience with the specific mixers that you mentioned but I do use a Xone:43C and I love the split cue function on it. The sound quality of the headphone amp is very good, it goes quite loud and has two outputs; 3.5mm & 6.3mm. Personally, I prefer the Allen & Heath implementation of split cue over the Pioneer approach, but Pioneer mixers tend to be more prevalent in the clubs and that might be a deciding factor for you. HTH

looks like a visit to an actual store is the way to go, to see if it fits your need...

On the djm and the xone you can see a button/fader that says mixing : cue and master so you can hear the cue and or master together so mixin on headphones is possible
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Hey mate. You don't necessarily need split cue, as long as the mixer has cue buttons and a cue/master knob you can mix just fine in your headphones.

I mostly mix this way at home, Leave the cue/master at 12 O'Clock and embrace the Tinnitus
    Last edited by Jester; 09-17-2018 at 04:24 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

There’s also a workaround using a couple of cable splitters that I’ve used in the past. Allows you to have the master output in both sides of the cans, and your cue only in one side...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj