TTM57SL and Traktor Pro 3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TTM57SL and Traktor Pro 3

I'm just curious if anyone has used the newly updated Traktor Pro 3 with the Rane TTM57SL mixer running DVS.

I understand the software claims to work with any DVS system now...if anyone has tried this specific setup I'm curious to hear how it worked.

Cheers!

I think the biggest obstacle will be support for the Rane's interface under Mac OS that is required to run TP3 (I know you had to do a workaround with some mac settings to be able to use it with SSL under Sierra but I don't know was it about SSL or interface not being detected).
    Windows users can always use the generic ASIO4ALL drivers.

Other than that, I see no problems. 57 got support for DVS with other software long ago in some firmware update if I remember correctly.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Well, I upgraded to Traktor Pro 3 last night and tried to set up my 57 for DVS. No dice.

I'll try some research today, but for starters I thought it was weird that, when connected, in the Auio settings in Traktor the 57 appears as 2 possible choices; TTM57SL LIne 1 and TTM57SL Line 2. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    Well, I upgraded to Traktor Pro 3 last night and tried to set up my 57 for DVS. No dice.

I'll try some research today, but for starters I thought it was weird that, when connected, in the Auio settings in Traktor the 57 appears as 2 possible choices; TTM57SL LIne 1 and TTM57SL Line 2. o_O
    Ensure you are using ASIO
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Ensure you are using ASIO
    Am using a Macbook Pro / OSX here, pretty sure Asio is specifically for Windows (?)

Am using a Macbook Pro / OSX here, pretty sure Asio is specifically for Windows (?)
    You are correct. I would not be able to answer your question as I do not use OSX for audio. I have tested the TTM57 with Traktor 3 on WIndows, however with success.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tried to aggregate the interface into one using the mac tool for that?

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Tried to aggregate the interface into one using the mac tool for that?
    Great tip - will look into that and report back. Cheers

There's probably a easier way as that seems like a heluva workaround but hey, if it works it works. Check on VDJ forums, they have been in the same boat as you and for a lot longer.

It's amazing how with this TP3 version and TTM57 with added controller like X1 you get a cheap yet great combo.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    57 got support for DVS with other software long ago in some firmware update if I remember correctly.
    Did a little bit of research and seems this is not true. Without workarounds, DVS is possible only with SSL software.
    Inputs are not normally sent through USB and it's controlled by the software (SSL). Rane never added a utility or firmware that would enable that switch without SSL.
    Maybe, just maybe, try running SSL in the background to see if that does the trick (if it doesn't crash Traktor lol).

Also, mixer buttons for SSL don't output midi so it's not possible to map them to other software (without writing some kind of custom HID/MIDI translator like Bome).

You basically have TTM56 with Audio2 attached

So, with Traktor your best bet would be to add some midi/hid control over the decks (considering it's a scratch mixer better hid to have good platter response). CDJ-400 maybe? Not the best choice for scratching but anything better (read: more expensive) just doesn't make sense to me (CDJ-900 is better used as standalone).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast