Traktor Final Scratch 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor Final Scratch 2

So my buddy moved and gave me a bunch of his old DJ stuff. Among the loot was a Stanton final Scratch audio interface (the big box). On the back it says Traktor Final Scratch 2.

My google search said it was compatible with Native Instruments software. From wiki:

Version 2[edit]

Version 2 marks the introduction of both a new Scratchamp hardware device and different software compatibility.
    This new Scratchamp made 24-bit/96 kHz digital quality playback and record possible. Stanton added an ASIO driver, and MIDI capabilities. They also replaced the USB interface with Firewire which was intended to reduce playback latency. The new Scratchamp was developed by Alan Flum, Len Bryan, Mark DeMouy and Jim Mazur.
    The version 2 Scratchamp is compatible with Native Instruments Traktor DJ Studio versions 2.6 and through 3.2.0.85 (Mac). NI has dropped support of SA2 in favor of their own vinyl system Traktor Scratch.

Final Scratch Open[edit]

In late 2005, Stanton and Native Instruments ended their working relationship. Stanton still markets the ScratchAmp hardware as part of Final Scratch Open, introduced in early 2007. Stanton claims that the ScratchAmp can now interact with any audio software through ASIO or WDM on Windows, and CoreAudio in Mac OS X. Although all Windows and Mac audio software is ostensibly compatible with Final Scratch Open, there is no dedicated software program for deejaying with the ScratchAmp hardware.

So what can I use the interface with? or point me in the right direction...

and this thing is friggin fire wire...
    Last edited by keithace; 06-01-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Final scratch eh! the first time i ever saw a digital dj setup
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post

So what can I use the interface with? or point me in the right direction...
    I'd imagine, MIXXX, Virtual DJ, Mixvibes and Deckadance should all work with it for DVS ... I assumme its this ?

IS324984-01-01-BIG.jpg

Course you could try running Traktor 3 with it for kicks :P
    Last edited by deevey; 06-02-2017 at 05:03 AM.

Thats the one.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

It works with Rekordbox DVS. :-p
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I dont know what to do to get around the firewire...

Cool piece of DVS history! You'll need a firewire connection to your computer if you actually want to use the thing, and I think you could just treat it as a firewire sound card if you don't feel like running Traktor 3 I can't remember but I think there was some kind of Stanton- or Final Scratch- branded software that came with it originally (but it possibly had to reboot your computer into a shell to work).

As a sound card it's likely not worth the trouble - I have endless problems with firewire sound cards - but it might be fun to play with.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

I dont know what to do to get around the firewire...
    USB to PCMCIA adapter. INsert PCMCIA firewire card.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I dont think my old dell 1525 can handle that.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I dont think my old dell 1525 can handle that.
    Actaully going by the specs that Dell will take a faster Firewire express card

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-.../dp/B000RKUKMG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast