Next Generation DJ - staying true to the name of the competition
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Next Generation DJ - staying true to the name of the competition

Hey DJTToolers,

Dropping by with a quick promo plug that I think should be of interest to DJTT readers. And becuase it requires no stretch of the imagination to figure out that a Next Generation DJ may be sitting on these boards.

Incidentally, that's what we named our new DJ competition (us being Letsmix.com in partnership with Pioneer, Beatport and DJ Mag). Any DJ who's ready to take on the challenge of mixing music and promoting themselves are invited to submit mixes to the competition.

The final winner of Next Generation DJ not only gets a pair of Pioneer CDJ2000's and a Tonium Pacemaker portable DJ device. But also a compilation released and promoted on Beatport, a cover spot on the April issue of DJ Mag, a contract with an international DJ agency and, last but certainly not least, flights and hotel to the Miami WMC 2010 with gigs at the Beatport Pool party and the DJ Mag opening and closing party at the Shelborne!

Video explains it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gq6_adC-R8

The competition is huge and the ongoing coverage should be too. We're just getting started and are looking for more quality submissions. It would be great to have people from these boards join in as controllerism really has all the right ingredients for making DJing visually enthralling. We wish all who join the best of luck and that you may end up displaying your controller prowess for the WMC audiences. The first steps require producing some really good mix listening.

Joining the competition is easy. All you have to do is register as a member on Let's Mix and start uploading your submission. From there, promote yourself relentlessly to build your brand and get as many votes as possible.

Let's mix!
    http://letsmix.com
    Last edited by stefan; 12-15-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Fixed Youtube link

Tech Mentor

I got all excited, then I realized it was open to 21+ only.

Tech Wizard

Yeah, that's lame that these are 21+. Who knows if A-Trak would be where he is today if they told him he couldn't compete at DMC?
    Last edited by groundhog; 12-15-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Sounds really really good, thats a very interesting announcement !

But in general I dont like such competitions, cause djing isnt a competitive thing at all. Its all about sharing your passion and love for the music with your audience. If you love what you do and work hard for it, your audiance will recognize it and have a good time.
    Xone 22 -- Kontrol X1 -- A4DJ -- TPro -- 13" MBP

Tech Convert

@n2hf1st @groundhog The age limit is a means of keeping with US alcohol laws, which enforce a 21 year age limit. Not that we're trying to endorse excessive drinking, it's just that we want to make sure that the winner will be let in through the doors to spin at the booked Beatport Pool and DJ Mag Shelborne Parties. You're still welcome to submit your mixes to our site though. If anyone is 15 years old and holds up to A-Trak standards I would definitely love to hear it

@Gameboy Glad you found NGDJ interesting! I just wanted to add on your comment, because personally I always found DJing to be very competitive. For instance, I'll notice this when someone else steps their game up and go at the club owner for a shot at my residency :eek: or in how my (one remaining?) vinyl DJ friend covers up the labels of his records. A lot of the things I see on DJTT look to me very much as tools not only for finding a unique means of expressing what you do, but also for setting yourself apart from the rest, in the spirit of competition.

I predict....if it is won by one of DJTT members....it will be B33SON. Given.....i have not seen all the members mixes ....but i believe that boy has the talent and what it takes. @B33Son....i do hope you enter it dude.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

Had a listen to B33Son's Myspace... Pretty cool! Game's wide open at this point but I reckon that could very well qualifiy.

don't believe DJing is about competition, personally. but would be cool to see someone from here win.

"superstar DJ" kind of turns me off, too. we don't need any more tiestos, amirite? :P
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

That competition seems pretty intense haha
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

@Stefan.....no noooo sir.

Do a search for B33SON on Youtube and check out his 10min mix vid he made to win a competition here on DJTT.

4 Deck mixing......Grooving Disco Electro.

Pretty damn good!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast