Traktor high CPU load with Xone k2 Audio
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor high CPU load with Xone k2 Audio

Hello everyone,
    So, i have this issue, and i am hoping someone can share some thoughts about it or maybe even help me resolve it.
    I am having high CPU spikes and freezes when using xone k2 audio when pressing alt+tab or windows button.
    When i connect my other usb sound card (Novation audiohub2x4) with external power, everything is working just fine and no cpu load problems whatsoever.
    Does anyone have an idea what is going on here and how can i resolve this? I tried powered usb hubs, other usb ports, lowering the latency and still no luck.
    Thank you.

Here are two situations so you have an idea what i am talking about:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eb...SoxkVN3SFL__os

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tx...L35vIYdU3KEU7X

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deees View Post
    Hello everyone,
    So, i have this issue, and i am hoping someone can share some thoughts about it or maybe even help me resolve it.
    I am having high CPU spikes and freezes when using xone k2 audio when pressing alt+tab or windows button.
    When i connect my other usb sound card (Novation audiohub2x4) with external power, everything is working just fine and no cpu load problems whatsoever.
    Does anyone have an idea what is going on here and how can i resolve this? I tried powered usb hubs, other usb ports, lowering the latency and still no luck.
    Thank you.

Here are two situations so you have an idea what i am talking about:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eb...SoxkVN3SFL__os

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tx...L35vIYdU3KEU7X
    I don't have this kind of issues with my K2 on windows 10. Have you optimized Windows for DJing?

https://support.native-instruments.c...dio-Processing

It could be that power saver is activated on USB ports.

However I do have other issue... With K2 connected to my PC I can see BSOD each time I open Youtube.
    It is a controller with old drivers... I think you are better of with Win7 if you want to use K2 as an audio interface.

Tech Convert

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, i have optimized everything. I just bought a new laptop and trust me i installed windows 30+ times trying to figure things out.
    My other sound card works just fine on the same system and k2 works also but only if i use it as a midi controller only.
    I tried connecting xone k2 on two other computers, it behaves the same. I'm kinda feeling that it's time has come, since i have it for maybe 5 or 6 years. I can try flashing the firmware again, bc i flashed the firmware when i got my new laptop.
    Is windows 7 a possibility since i have bought a fairly new generation laptop (HP spectre x360 (late 2017)? I tried it but is said that my laptop doesn't support win 7.
    I kinda feel sad because i love this controller and i am really attached to it. Is there any kind of alternative with this kinda of layout? I love the fact ath i can use it as a 4 channel internal mixer.
    Thank you again for your reply, and sorry for too many text. I'm kinda stressed out.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Just go with Windows 7 mate. Everything will work except for the touch screen.

You might need to go into BIOS and set your laptop into some sort of "legacy" mode. I had to do this on my HP laptop.

Check your graphics card driver.
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Convert

That's a good idea.
    What is confuses me is that my cpu doesn't act like this with my other usb soundcard.
    And yet, xone k2 does this on my desktop, and my two laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by Deees View Post
    That's a good idea.
    What is confuses me is that my cpu doesn't act like this with my other usb soundcard.
    And yet, xone k2 does this on my desktop, and my two laptops.
    I had some smatterings of this on my old desktop and win7/10 Pro, things I tried that finally got the load down:
    1. Check latency settings - 256 or above helped mine but play with these

2. Driver update/firmware
    3. Zone k2 analyser download and test

4. Graphics drivers

Desperation option: motherboard chipset driver update often holds the key to salvation...

Good luck bro
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    I had some smatterings of this on my old desktop and win7/10 Pro, things I tried that finally got the load down:
    1. Check latency settings - 256 or above helped mine but play with these

2. Driver update/firmware
    3. Zone k2 analyser download and test

4. Graphics drivers

Desperation option: motherboard chipset driver update often holds the key to salvation...

Good luck bro
    Thank you very much for your input. I have tried so many things, that i can't even remember what i tried. I just want to rule out everything, and to be sure that my unit is faulty when i go and buy a new one. I will try your suggestions for sure.
    Does anyone have any info if A&H is releasing a new controller similar to xone k2? This unit is my perfect controller and i can remember the moment when they announced it, it was that "THAT'S IT" feeling.

Well there is/was the k1, same thing minus the sound card but it may have been discontinued

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    Well there is/was the k1, same thing minus the sound card but it may have been discontinued
    Yeah, i know about the K1, i still don't understand that A&H move. If i recall correct, the price was the same as K2 but it lacks a soundcard. I sure hope they release a completely new controller of this format.

As for my problem...i think i'm getting results. FINALLY!
    I needed to change the application priority in the ASIO settings. Since windows doesn't allow a permanent change, i had to install a third party app "Prio - Process Priority Saver", that took care of my CPU spike when i press a windows button. Now it only spiked when i ALT+TAB, then i installed the GPU driver as suggested here, and that took care of the ALT+TAB spike problem. I didn't have gpu drivers installed because i read on some forums that it can produce latency itself by prioritizing gpu performance instead of cpu, so i was using "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver instead.
    Everything is working for now, but still i can't relax and be sure. So i'm still testing.
    I would like to thank everyone for their input, and i hope that someone will find this thread useful, since i know how many hours i have spent trying to solve this issue.

[Edit] Freeze again, but not so frequent...Above solutions helped alot.
    Last edited by Deees; 06-06-2019 at 10:02 AM.