Bought a Rane MP2015 ..... good decision ?
    Tech Mentor

Default Bought a Rane MP2015 ..... good decision ?

Ive been rocking a Xone DB4 with Xone K2 and Traktor for about 5 years now. Its always been rock solid for me on my older mac book pro which i use for gigging. With newer macbook pro's i have had issues of the driver not being recognised, Xone K2 sometimes disconnects from X-Link etc.

Got a good deal on an MP2015 and my studio partner decided to buy it so we'll have both rigs.
    With Rane sold to a different company, it seems their customer service isn't the same anymore. I have checked it does seem that we scored an older "Made in USA" model.

Just want to know if there is a good active community of MP2015 users.
    For that matter, am still looking for a dedicated Xone DB4 forum as well.

I do hope i dont have any USB issues with the Rane and am very excited about the rotary controls!

I can't predict the future of this mixer though; its very expensive so dunno if its a profitable model for them. A&H has supported the DB4 for years now with latest releases.....some may not work so well, but they keep at it. I wish for the same with the Rane!

Just thought i'd post here and see if i can make some 2015 friends here!
    Cheers guys!

Where the unit is built is kind of irrelevant. You could dump all your electronics on a table and 95% of them will be built in a factory within spitting distance of the one that inMusic uses. This is one of the reasons why the whole ERMAGERD CONRISH MAED XONE is so pissing annoying.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the reply. I should re-phrase that as a concern due to "change of management". Rane did announce that most of their work force would be laid off and that the Rane mp2015 now uses "almost" 100% of the same components. Ye u are correct that 95% of all my electronics, even studio gear is made in China. But this is almost a US$3000 mixer, and part of that cost being due to hand built in the USA. If the manufacturing has gone into some mass production unit then a lower price point would have been appreciated.

Anyways, my main concern is that i see a pretty dead user forum on their site now; used to be really active and Rane CS would reply very often. I hope i dont need any CS but in the event that i do, i hope to find an active community. Perhaps on these boards.

Best wishes

Customer service has never been inMusic's forte. You're right about Rane's purchase causing a shift in their support quality.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

I'm a 2015 user over here.. When the DB4 was first released i wanted to buy it but opted to go for the DJM900 Nexus for full integration with the NXS CDJs... The DB4 was still my favourite mixer but just some little things didn't take to my liking. Anyway, i got a cracking deal when the MP2015 was released, a Ex Demo that was on display for 5 days for £350 off.. Thank you.

I've never had any issues touch wood but it's an absolutely fantastic mixer. I'll never sell it.

Well...inMusic does make a lot of stuff that a lot of people like & rely on under various brands.

I still wouldn't mind one. I would have bought one by now if I hadn't bought a 2016s right before they were discontinued.

Tech Mentor

For starters, on their page they list the MP2014 as supported by Mojave but no support for the MP2015 yet. I dont usually jump to new OS versions as long as my rig is rock solid. BUt i do hope they continue to support this flagship product of theirs.

Tech Mentor

That actually is the way to go mate! If i hadn't found an awesome deal on the MP2015, i would have probably just bought another 4 channel soundcard and run my DB4 like a traditional mixer....no drivers or USB required!

Tech Mentor

Amazing! My first 2015 friend
    Whats your rig mate ?
    I am so excited about getting mine! Wonder how it will sound different from the DB4.....which sounds epic! Love the effects as well, though for live gigs they arent very drama inducing....more like polished studio effects! Love that machine! It does have some issues with newer macbooks.....or at least it did and hopefully they have now sorted those issues.
    The Ian Golden review said to be careful to not overdrive the channels. I am very cautious about my gain staging anyways!

It's a beautiful mixer; it's on my shortlist of mixers to check out if I'm ever in the market again (I'm still all about my DB4). Probably the reason the forum isn't active is that users are too busy playing music with their flawless mixers to worry about posting to a forum

As for the DB4 forum, if you find a good one please post it here; the only one I keep going back to is the long ass thread on this site about it (search the forum for "xone" and "official" and it should come up).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan