Help setting up Midi fighter Twister with 1010 Blackbox Sampler

Default Help setting up Midi fighter Twister with 1010 Blackbox Sampler

Hey guys,

This is my first midi device and I'm having trouble/confusion setting it up. I'm trying to use it with a new 1010 Blackbox sampler-sequencer.

I'm trying to get the Midi Fighter Twister to have each of the 16 push buttons start or stop playback of each of the 16 sample pads on the 1010 BlackBox. I'd also like the rotary twist of the corresponding button to increase/decrease the mix volume of it's sample.

From what I think I understand, I need to assign the same midi note that controls the start/stop of a pad playback to each of the Fighter Twister's push buttons. I don't see a place in the Fighter Twisters configuration app that allows you to set a specific midi note though to a button. Maybe I'm on the wrong path with this idea though... I'll admit, I'm a complete novice with MIDI, so I apologize in advance.

I will attach a screen-cap from the midi configuration part of the BlackBox manual, as well as my configuration I currently have my Midi Fighter Twister set up as.

Thanks for any insight and guidance you might be able to give me with this.

Here are those images:
    Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 6.55.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 4.56.57 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 7.03.07 PM.jpg

ugh.... just realizing that the image attachments I put above are all super tiny and unreadable. Is there any way to post images here at the actual size they were made?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LarvalSlug View Post
    ugh.... just realizing that the image attachments I put above are all super tiny and unreadable. Is there any way to post images here at the actual size they were made?
    I use Igmur for image uploads... Regarding the Twister look up for Encoder Settings tab in the Midifighter Utility.

Encoder Settings > Encoder Switch MIDI Settings
    Encoder Settings > Encoder Rotary MIDI Settings

Trying to put in the images using photobucket in hopes they are readable this time...

Partial success, I mapped the correct midi notes to each push button in the MidiFighter Twister to trigger the pad to playback! I had to plug in the midi note in the "Switch Midi number" in the midi fighter utility.

Now, a more advanced question...
    Pushing the button starts the corresponding sample, and the light changes color on the MidiFighter to indicate it's on, but once the sample finishes playing the light stays on like it's still active, even though nothing is happening on that pad. Is there a way to have the status light turn back to it's off color state when the sample finishes?

Now I'm going to try to figure out how to adjust the volume of the sample pad with the MidiFighter's knob twist..