Major latency issues : "Interrupt to Process Latency" greater than 4 milleseconds

Default Major latency issues : "Interrupt to Process Latency" greater than 4 milleseconds

Hello guys,

I am at my wit's end here and need help. I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop, 64 bit system, x64 based i7 7500 cpu 2.7 ghz 2.9 ghz, 16 gb ram, 1 tb hd running win 10. Despite being powerful enough It can't process real time audio. I have tried every optimization possible. I use Ni's tractor A6 audio interfase with an external mixer and x1 mk ii controller.

My latencymon test results are critical as I have 3 drivers driving me crasy, my values indicate spikes that exceeds 1ms, foremost are the a) wdf01000.sys =2.0 ms, b) DPC results are high as well, c) acpi.sys= 1.0 ms. I wrote NI tech support and the recommended getting in touch with Dell but have yet to wait for their reply.

I do have an older dell laptop Latitude E E6430 with only 6 gb ram and i5 processor, less powerfull bit it can handle real time audio processing when running tractor 2, which I use in the meantime while I find a way to resolve my latency issues with my new laptop.

Any advise on how to resolve my problem effectively so I don't have any more distortion, glitches or dropouts ?

Tks !

Have you completely flattened the system, formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows 10?
    I also run/ran a Dell, which is even older than your "old" Dell, and I never had issues (bar one) with it because the first thing I did was wipe everything to get rid of bloatware. I did have an issue with audio stuttering at one point which was solved by getting a new power cable.

Also, get a SSD as soon as possible if you don't already have one.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Default High Latency

Hello mate,
    Tks for your advise.Anyway what do you mean by flattening my system?

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Hello mate,
    Tks for your advise.Anyway what do you mean by flattening my system?
    Wipe your hard drive/SSD and reinstall Windows from scratch. Gets rid of any bloatware or shitty antivirus programs that quite often cause conflicts and audio drop outs. There's plenty of "how to" videos on Youtube if you're not sure what to do, or get a mate who knows what they're doing to help you.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.