Hercules Dj console Rmx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Hercules Dj console Rmx

what do u think about it?
    what is better this one or the vci-100?

I checked out the RMX at the shop. What I don't like about the vci-100 are the buttons which are pretty stiff. For the RMX, this is just worse! The buttons feel hard as hell and need way too much pressure; they feel like they might get stuck

If you're checking out those two, make sure to check out the "Reloop digital jockey - interface edition" as well!

Quote Originally Posted by barf View Post
    I checked out the RMX at the shop. What I don't like about the vci-100 are the buttons which are pretty stiff. For the RMX, this is just worse! The buttons feel hard as hell and need way too much pressure; they feel like they might get stuck

If you're checking out those two, make sure to check out the "Reloop digital jockey - interface edition" as well!
    Pansy...
    The Hercules is a man's-man's controller. Built like a tank, heavy as hell and brimming with macho manliness. If you want cute easy to move fader you should stick to your toys. I love my Hercules.

Are you really calling my vci-100 a toy? In a place like this?

RUN macho RUN

I'd laugh someone out of a club if they walked in with a Hercules . Actually I did that already . I just have a problem using gear that's made by a company that makes webcams

Quote Originally Posted by Tukindz View Post
    Pansy...
    The Hercules is a man's-man's controller. Built like a tank, heavy as hell and brimming with macho manliness. If you want cute easy to move fader you should stick to your toys. I love my Hercules.
    I guess a dj with small muscles like me should probably hit the gym before attempting any knob turns or button presses on the Hercules. Quick someone hand me a protien shake.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by mycole View Post
    I guess a dj with small muscles like me should probably hit the gym before attempting any knob turns or button presses on the Hercules. Quick someone hand me a protien shake.
    Hey, it's called the Hercules RMX, not the Sparkly Princess RMX for reason.

mycole was being sarcastic

oh

Quote Originally Posted by barf View Post
    mycole was being sarcastic

oh
    I'm pretty sure Tukindz was too. Man, we are just silly up in here today.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

I was a very happy user of Hercules MK2 for 18 months and last week switched to the RMX. It's a completely different machine and to be honest I bought it just for the self respect (the MK2 does look like a toy) but it surprised me with it's potential.

You get a comparable amount of pots, faders and buttons next to the Vestax.

But you have to compare them correctly: the $500 VCI100 compares to the $300 Dj Control Steel and the $900 VCI300 compares to the $350 Dj Console RMX (these last 2 are the ones with sound card)

The components may not be as good as the Vestax (time will tell there, too soon to know).

Vestax has way better Jog Wheels by far and Level meters.

But the Hercules RMX has 2 inputs for CDs or Turntables (with ground posts) so you can use it for Serato or Traktor Scratch vynil and CDs. The Vestax VCI300 can't.

In my case it was an issue of Hercules at $350 (with sound card to output to 2 channels of my external mixer) versus no Vestax at all (too expensive for me).

Without the money issue I would have bought a VCI100 and Audio 8 card to get the 4 deck output to my external mixer.
    Last edited by alepeinador; 09-25-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast