Utility not running at the same time as ableton!!!

Default Utility not running at the same time as ableton!!!

Just bought a Midi fighter twister. Everything works except that I can't keep the utility 2.77 open while ableton 10 max is running. Utility gives an error that device is locked and being controlled by another app, BUT I want to be able to make changes to the utility on the fly. Can you please help me? Should I not be able to keep both utility and ableton running at the same time?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azi View Post
    Just bought a Midi fighter twister. Everything works except that I can't keep the utility 2.77 open while ableton 10 max is running. Utility gives an error that device is locked and being controlled by another app, BUT I want to be able to make changes to the utility on the fly. Can you please help me? Should I not be able to keep both utility and ableton running at the same time?
    Hey azi,

Which is your computer a Mac or a PC?
    This sounds like it is a Windows related issue. Unlike the Mac OS X, the Windows isn't designed to share a single MIDI Port across a multiple applications and for that reason you need to close the Midifighter Utility before starting some other midi based applications.