Is it possible to Sync Rekorbox over two Pc's?
    Tech Wizard

Default Is it possible to Sync Rekorbox over two Pc's?

I would like to be able to have my Rekordbox collection synced over 2 pcs and be able to update it on either one.

Reason being I have my laptop which I use with my controller - on my dj console where I'm standing. Then in another room I have my personal PC setup where I usually search for music and download etc. I'd like to be able to import songs into my collection, update ID3 tags, set cues etc - but then switch to my dj console and have it all synced.

Is this possible or is there another way around this?

Tech Wizard

You could definitely do this, but it's maybe not going to be as streamlined as you'd like...

One option is you can relocate your Rekordbox database to an external drive, then move that external drive between your two computers as you wish.

Another is to constantly be exporting and importing the most up to date copy between the two computers, but for me, that would get old pretty quick...

You can read a good rundown of all the options here https://rekord.cloud/blog/using-the-...iple-computers

Good luck

Tech Mentor

i have managed to do this without a lot of fuss

I use Free File Sync (FFS) which is a free bit of software that allows you to back up files on 1 laptop to another location.

1 - I set this up to back up music from 1 laptop to the other laptop over my home network - Within FFS you can choose what type of back up you want. I choose Mirror which means that it will back up any changes from laptop 1 to laptop 2 , so if i add music to 1 it replicates that , also if i delete music it updates that

2 - Using FFS I back up the PIONEER master database folder bewteen the 2 laptops using the same method as above

3 - once 1 and 2 are complete I go into laptop 2 , choose File - Display Missing Files
    it will say ALL your files are missing as its using the location it got for them from laptop 1 (this is on the basis that your music is not in the exact same location on both laptops). You then select all files - click - relocate and look for the 1st track it asks for in teh location where your music is. Once it finds the 1st track it will use this for ALL remaining music.

Done

Tech Mentor

i have managed to do this without a lot of fuss

I use Free File Sync (FFS) which is a free bit of software that allows you to back up files on 1 laptop to another location.

1 - I set this up to back up music from 1 laptop to the other laptop over my home network - Within FFS you can choose what type of back up you want. I choose Mirror which means that it will back up any changes from laptop 1 to laptop 2 , so if i add music to 1 it replicates that , also if i delete music it updates that

2 - Using FFS I back up the PIONEER master database folder bewteen the 2 laptops using the same method as above

3 - once 1 and 2 are complete I go into laptop 2 , choose File - Display Missing Files
    it will say ALL your files are missing as its using the location it got for them from laptop 1 (this is on the basis that your music is not in the exact same location on both laptops). You then select all files - click - relocate and look for the 1st track it asks for in teh location where your music is. Once it finds the 1st track it will use this for ALL remaining music.

Done