iPad OS future solution?
    Tech Wizard

Default iPad OS future solution?

Dear ones, as the new iPad OS launched recently i was hoping that with this post we encourage the developers at Native Instruments and Pioneer to help us make our iPad the portable music carrier insted of an laptop. As the new MacBooks are really garbage and they crash a lot. IPad if connected to the CDJ2000 or even CDJ400 or with Z1 and X1 and the same time could be a real game changer. I think that there are developers here maybe who already solved that?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by A$H View Post
    You need to check out DJPlayerPro. I've done a few gigs using my iPad controlled via DVS on my iPad mini 2 (2013)

https://djplayerpro.com
    its a great app but it doesnt work with pioneer or ni midi controlers :-(

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by lacosta View Post
    its a great app but it doesnt work with pioneer or ni midi controlers :-(
    Huh ? It supports plenty of Pioneer midi controllers. NI controllers however don't work with anything else on iPad except Traktor as they don't use midi.

For iPad DVS, the Akai AMX is probably one of the best solutions out there.

IMHO Algoriddim Djay for Controllers, DJPlayer is your only option if you need DVS (I'm not a fan of the interface though.)

Djay + Controller does at least 99% of what a most DJ's will ever do with desktop software, and in some cases more and better (e.g. video mixing).

iPad's have had the processing needed for DJ apps for the past 6+ years, now that iOS supports folders and shared drives storage is really no longer the problem. It's a shame that more manufacturers aren't looking at the iPad as a viable professional DJ solution and developing controllers designed with iOS in mind.

As the new MacBooks are really garbage and they crash a lot
    YOUR MacBook or MacBooks in general ? ... I certainly haven't heard reports of them crashing alot and I'd hardly call them garbage.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lacosta View Post
    Dear ones, as the new iPad OS launched recently i was hoping that with this post we encourage the developers at Native Instruments and Pioneer to help us make our iPad the portable music carrier insted of an laptop. As the new MacBooks are really garbage and they crash a lot. IPad if connected to the CDJ2000 or even CDJ400 or with Z1 and X1 and the same time could be a real game changer. I think that there are developers here maybe who already solved that?
    What about Rekordbox on iPad?