Behringer X-touch mini with traktor - how to toggle lights in midi?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Behringer X-touch mini with traktor - how to toggle lights in midi?

Hi guys,

i got a x-touch mini to go with my NI s2mk3 for the FX and to basically give me a full control for deck C.

i got everything working as i want to control stuff. i am just having issues with toggling the lights on the x-touch.

if i use toggle mode in thex-touch editor it seems to mess up the sync. meaning i have to press multiple times to get the lights right. first press just removes the light on the pad and doesnt control traktor?! 2nd press controls traktor but then toggles the light again - doh!

if i set them to not be toggled in the x-touch editor it all works bar the pads lighting up.

at the moment i also need to load traktor and reset all the dials to zero to get them to syc up, but with my keyboard it knew what settings from the midi device. i think i can fix this with soft takeover tho so not end of world again.

any ideas? its not the end of the world but would be nice. btw, anyone wanting a little control for FX and 3rd deck control these are a bargain at about 1/4 of the price of the X1

thanks all and this is my first post so a big hi.

oh i have tried doing outputs to the xtouch too and had no luck

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey citizenkaned and welcome to Forums!

Thanks for posting this, I didn't knew that controller exist. Can you give us a little review on the button quality and rotaries? Is it any good??

You may as well attach a screengrab of your output controls in your mapping or even better attach your mapping to investigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey citizenkaned and welcome to Forums!

Thanks for posting this, I didn't knew that controller exist. Can you give us a little review on the button quality and rotaries? Is it any good??

You may as well attach a screengrab of your output controls in your mapping or even better attach your mapping to investigate it.
    yeah, no worries, this is how i have it configured at the moment...

xtouch-CK.jpg

the buttons and everything seem decent and for £35 compared to £140 its a bargain. as i have an S2 i dont need a lot of the functionality of the NI version. this was mainly just for FX 1+2 but it seems as a bonus i can have a lot of control over deck C too. you can control the way the knobs work and light up but im having issues with the toggles to light up the buttons but its not a big issue really so far.

there are 2 buttons for layer A and B so i can effectively swap between 2 of these layouts on the fly. i just cut them off my photo. doh. pink is layer B and normal post it note colour is layer A

<< & >> on Layer B control loop length
    loop and [] basically start and stop my loop
    play and O are basically play and stop
    the top row of pads all control hotcues 1-8
    i can scroll deck c, gain etc with the knobs. i can also press for some added things like i have the 8th one set for headphone cue.
    the bottom left 2 buttons toggle FX 1 & 2 on deck C on and off.

on the normal post it notes i have FX 1 & 2. pressing the knobs or the button below will toggle the effect. since the first and 5th buttons are not used on effect i use them to enter freeze mode on deck A & B. i have the 2 browse buttons on each S2 deck assigned to FX 1&2 toggle for deck A&B.

i am temped to get another to control deck D and FX 3&4 but if i did i would likely use deck D more and mainly keep this one for FX 1&2. if you forget to toggle between the layers you can seriously mess up

xtouch bins and traktor TSI.zip
    here are the 2 layers and bin files (they have an editor to flash the device's settings). and the TSI file for the device in traktor.
    i will write more on what i have done tomorrow now when i get a chance.
    Last edited by citizenkaned; 10-25-2019 at 04:01 PM.

I don't have the editor but I'm considering to buying this unit next week. When I look into your TSI I cannot see any output commands for FX and other functions - you can click on each command that you wish to add output for and than click on "Add Out" button (the new output command should be generated automatically, just click on it and it will be added to the bottom of the list).

Or click on "Add Out" (directly) and search the menu... Add Out --> FX Unit --> Button 1

i tried an add out and it didnt seem to do anything. the editor software lets me switch between toggle and momentary but when i use that it messes up the sync with traktor.
    just had my first good play with it all tonight and was a lot of fun. made using a 3rd deck really easy and FX too. i just wish i could nail the toggled buttons but i cant seem to get traktor to talk to the unit.

If you set button mode to "Toggle" in the Editor, than Set them to "Hold" mode in the Controller Manager in Traktor.
    That should also work!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast