Behringer X-touch mini with traktor - how to toggle lights in midi? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

that worked great. why do posts here seem a bit unreliable if they post or not?

if you have looked at the TSI you can see how many things you can assign to this one little unit. the only real thing i am missing is key change on the c-deck and a speed control for it but i tend to use it more of a looping deck anyway. i would deffo recommend one

ok, here are my working bin files and TSI. i have now mapped speed to pressing the knobs and key too. so all good!
    xtouch bins and traktor TSI V2.zip
    i will take a new photo of the labels after i get my phone back from my son :P

i will try and do a photoshop overlay next week as im sure these post-it notes will fall off soon and it looks a mess. but v happy and wanting another for deck D. this also allows me to set things like freeze to a button for decks ABC which i havent played with but looks fun. i also bought a cheap laptop stand to raise them up a bit on so i can see better if sat on my lazy (_,_)

ok, here is the crappy pic. the pink buttons to the side and down of the knobs means pressing it down like a button once.
    xtouch-CK2.jpg

the top row of buttons on mode B (pink) are all hotcues for deck c.
    on layer A if i click the knobs it also duplicates pressing the button below. im tempted to make it so then are hold and the buttons below are toggle. i need to have more of a play to decide what suits me best
    i also COULD in theory map a shift button. means 4 sets of knobs effectively. if it can handle it, but i think it may. ideally knobs for some of the things i am using buttons for might be nice. but being able to do a nice pan is a bonus as is being able to switch the key or enter freeze mode etc.

ordered another one of these and my little laptop stand arrived, perfect to mount 2 of these things.
    imagine the possibilities? they are almost half price at amazon

just had a thought, if i get another i will have to configure FX 3+4. and not sure how i would add extra buttons. i may simply use deck C & D for layering and have them just use FX 3&4 and keep FX 1&2 for decks A&B. that might keep things more simple.... or i could just not use FX 4 at all and use those buttons for other stuff. frees up 4 extra knobs for things. hmmmm i feel like i am building my own little machine. if i plug in my m-audio keyboard i think i can use a channel for live stuff as long as i midi clock it back. some nice arpeggios in sync would be cool

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by citizenkaned View Post
    that worked great. why do posts here seem a bit unreliable if they post or not?
    Good!

Your first 5 posts need to be approved by a Moderator - you can post freely after that.

if you have looked at the TSI you can see how many things you can assign to this one little unit. the only real thing i am missing is key change on the c-deck and a speed control for it but i tend to use it more of a looping deck anyway. i would deffo recommend one
    You can create the Shift button by adding a modifier. Create a second layer of control for your encoders and map key, loop move and anything else that you find useful.

ok, here are my working bin files and TSI. i have now mapped speed to pressing the knobs and key too. so all good!
    xtouch bins and traktor TSI V2.zip
    i will take a new photo of the labels after i get my phone back from my son :P
    Cool! You could upload it on maps.djtechtools.com as well so it is easier to discover by others.

just had a thought, if i get another i will have to configure FX 3+4. and not sure how i would add extra buttons. i may simply use deck C & D for layering and have them just use FX 3&4 and keep FX 1&2 for decks A&B. that might keep things more simple.... or i could just not use FX 4 at all and use those buttons for other stuff. frees up 4 extra knobs for things. hmmmm i feel like i am building my own little machine. if i plug in my m-audio keyboard i think i can use a channel for live stuff as long as i midi clock it back. some nice arpeggios in sync would be cool
    That is beauty of mapping controllers, you can assign them how ever you wish. I use Midifighter Twister for effects in Traktor but I might buy one of this Behringer's to control Photoshop.

oh cool. i never thought of using for photoshop, im so used to key combos tho in that.
    yeah i have a 2nd coming tomorrow and im not sure how i will set that one up. but at least i can save all my settings before i mess about which is cool. i might try one with a shift and see which way i prefer.
    is there like a modifier for the deck? so i can assign 4 buttons for each deck then press the button and control each deck?
    the twisters did look fun but im trying to save some cash as a single dad. and i tried to buy X1 on ebay 2 times and both time the buyer never sent it?! so this was my 2nd choice but i like the fact i have a fader for the 3rd channel on these and so many buttons/knobs.

i have had 2 goes with this setup now and im getting used to it more and enjoying. being able to keep say a beat in the background and play with 2 foreground tracks is pretty cool. being able to control the 2 FX banks as well as the on deck 4 gives me 10 FX which i can chain together. this is all a bit of a revolution to an old vinyl DJ with a 2 channel mixer, 2 technics and a box of records. ��

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast