MFT firmware update out now?

Default MFT firmware update out now?

My midifighter utility shows an update is available but i'm surprised there's no news about it anywhere and especially here in the forum
    what is all about? is there something new or only bug fixing?
    i haven't tried the update cause i have a gig soon and i don't want to risk eventual trouble...also how to downgrade eventually?

thanks

Tech Convert

Yes, although I have installed it I would like to know what's new, there's no "readme" associated with it.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by beatpete View Post
    Yes, although I have installed it I would like to know what's new, there's no "readme" associated with it.
    Was wondering the same.

Is there also mousewheel support coming for Windows as well?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Guys,

Quote Originally Posted by loopusinfabula View Post
    My midifighter utility shows an update is available but i'm surprised there's no news about it anywhere and especially here in the forum
    what is all about? is there something new or only bug fixing?
    i haven't tried the update cause i have a gig soon and i don't want to risk eventual trouble...also how to downgrade eventually?

thanks
    There are four new features two of which are exclusive to Mac. And also a bug fixes.

Velocity Sensitivity is new sensitivity type and it works similar to how mouse wheels operate. Turning the knob slowly will adjust the value in smaller steps and vice versa. You want to set this sensitivity type when working with Mouse Emulation Scroll MIDI Type.

Switch Velocity Control works with absolute message and allows you to turn a knob to select the specific value and push switch to send the Note with the value of the encoder.

Mouse Emulation (Drag) is built into Midifighter Utility so in order to use it the Utility need to stay open. This feature sends left mouse click on the initial value followed by the mouse drag emulation. Finally last value sent from rotary disables the left click.

Mouse Emulation (Scroll) is also built into Midifighter Utility and it emulates your mouse wheel.

You can always downgrade the firmware by installing the recovery firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by beatpete View Post
    We are still working on the documentation and once it's complete you will see it first on the Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by pickflip113 View Post
    Is there also mousewheel support coming for Windows as well?
    The Windows version doesn't support Mouse Emulation because the feature requires that the Midifighter Utility stay open.
    Windows doesn't allow for a single midi device to connect to more than one midi application. Therefor the Utility needs to be closed before an other midi application is started.

We will definitely look into possibility to enable the Mouse Emulation control on PC. There are 3rd party virtual midi drivers such as loopMIDI and loopBE that could do the trick. But more on that in the future.

Please let us know in this thread if you find any bugs to report or if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Tech Convert

Thanks Stewe!

Tech Convert

Thanks for the explaination for the mousewheel support on windows! That makes sense. I'm open to use another 3rd party app to gain that functionality.

Also, the new velocity setting is ridiculously awesome. It feels extremely intuitive. Turning fast makes big movements while turning slow makes minor adjustments. It's stupid how cool it is. Wonderful job!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Mouse Emulation (Drag) is built into Midifighter Utility so in order to use it the Utility need to stay open. This feature sends left mouse click on the initial value followed by the mouse drag emulation. Finally last value sent from rotary disables the left click.
    What do you see as the application for this? Seems to drag a thing up and to the right, or down and to the left, and then it snaps back to the start when I stop dragging. If there was a reversed one, and if it didn't snap back, I could see using a pair as an X/Y control for aiming lights or something. You'd still have to use a mouse to select the object, so I don't know how useful that would be. As it is, I'm puzzled.

Loving the velocity sensitive mode.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nottooloud View Post
    What do you see as the application for this? Seems to drag a thing up and to the right, or down and to the left, and then it snaps back to the start when I stop dragging. If there was a reversed one, and if it didn't snap back, I could see using a pair as an X/Y control for aiming lights or something. You'd still have to use a mouse to select the object, so I don't know how useful that would be. As it is, I'm puzzled.

Loving the velocity sensitive mode.
    Hey nottooloud,

This feature is useful for non midi applications such as photo or video editors. It provides a much more accurate approach than controlling the same parameter with a mouse or a track pad.

I get that with the scroll wheel, but all I can get the drag to do is move something temporarily up or down at a 45 degree angle. Doesn't seem particularly useful. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by nottooloud; 01-24-2020 at 11:03 AM.