dj laptop, dpc latency issue?

Default dj laptop, dpc latency issue?

hey i just bought a new laptop and it with dpc latency checkers getting bad readings no matter what devices i disable in device manager. Not sure if should return laptop. Question does dpc latency affect djing?

I know its bad for producing with a daw, but does it affect me in traktor?

you could always buy one of the little USB soundcards that will help.
    have you tried messing about with latency settings in traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by citizenkaned View Post
    you could always buy one of the little USB soundcards that will help.
    have you tried messing about with latency settings in traktor?
    yes even if i connect an external soundcard and adjust traktor settings getting spikes in latency mon, and dpc latency checker. seems to be something hardware related, but so far not noticing any effect in traktor so far which is why need to know if dpc latency is even an issue with djing
    thnks

in that case is the CPU throttling? what specs are your laptop? have you defragged the HDD (assuming not SSD) and done a check disk on it to make sure its not that? i you monitor your CPU you could see if its the CPU spiking then causing the latency/problem. could also be RAM maybe. at the end of the day tho as long as its ok for your traktor then ��*♀️

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Which process has the highest execution in LatencyMon? I used many different PC laptops and for me it was usually the USB drivers or GPU drivers that were messy.

disable acpi compliant battery and use airplane mode mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "