Problem with Allen & Heath XONE 43c + Ipad IOS 13
    Tech Convert

Default Problem with Allen & Heath XONE 43c + Ipad IOS 13

I have been using the Allen & Heath XONE 43c with its audio interface together with my Ipad Air 2 and the Djay App for years without any problems.

Since the update to IOS 13 I am experiencing a short 1-2sec long audio dropout/freeze around every 3 minutes. Everything freezes for a second, no sound while this happens and then it continues.

This also happens when I am just using Spotify for example together with the XOne soundcard. So I am assuming there is a bug with the drivers in the latest IOS.

I already contacted A&H support, but they only told me to move to Mac or PC.

What I find strange is that the mixer is labeled as Class Compliant, which from my understanding means it should work with the IPad without any problems.

Is there anybody with a similar setup? Or does anybody have an idea what could cause this?

knowing apple, after a few years they basically kill off old devices making them run unbearably slow on their latest OS to try and force you to upgrade. its why i wouldnt touch their stuff with a barge pole now
    its unlikely to be the mixer, sounds like the tablet is struggling. sometimes an update comes out that fixes their mess later but that device is now 5 years old so about end of life for an apple.

Tech Convert

Yea I understand the IPad is a bit outdated.

So I just tried it out with the IPhone XS which is pretty up to date and it has the exact same issue. Somehow there is a problem with IOS13 and "class compliant" audio interfaces or maybe only with the XONE in particular.

I can get no infos on this problem anywhere so I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing those strange short freezes or if it is a known bug. If anyone else had that please let me know and any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Try another app like DJ Player Pro maybe.

maybe try traktor - its free on ipad i think. sounds like there is some issue with the latency in the audio drivers on that ios release. im a pc guy so i cant help much on that side really but maybe some azio driver updates or something?

Tech Convert

Thanks guys, but the problem is not the app. Even the regular Spotify app has the same behaviour. That is why I am assuming it is an IOS problem.

Tech Convert

I managed to solve this problem, it was due to my powered usb Hub which after the IOS 13 update did not provide enough power to the unit eventhough it has worked perfectly fine before. So there seems to have been a change in relation to the required USB power in IOS that has changed from IOS 12 to 13. Pretty weird but happy it is working again. Just wanted to share in case anyone has the same problem.

Good to know, thanks. Let us know what happens with ios14.

Quote Originally Posted by awsomeapparel View Post
    Hi, I think with iOS14 it will be even worse. I have iOS15 and all sorts of problems follow me. With both sound and pictures. And all because my phone is just old.
    That's weird guys. I have iPhone 7 that is extremely old for today. And I run it on iOS 15 without any problem at all. So I see the way out for you as follows. You move to Mac as recommended and wait till another update asppears. In the meantime you could try to read a blog https://backlightblog.com/icloud-storage-full because this problem can also be if you have your cloud space clogged with different leftovers from the phone usage.

Thank you. It was realy useful.