Problem with Allen & Heath XONE 43c + Ipad IOS 13

Default Problem with Allen & Heath XONE 43c + Ipad IOS 13

I have been using the Allen & Heath XONE 43c with its audio interface together with my Ipad Air 2 and the Djay App for years without any problems.

Since the update to IOS 13 I am experiencing a short 1-2sec long audio dropout/freeze around every 3 minutes. Everything freezes for a second, no sound while this happens and then it continues.

This also happens when I am just using Spotify for example together with the XOne soundcard. So I am assuming there is a bug with the drivers in the latest IOS.

I already contacted A&H support, but they only told me to move to Mac or PC.

What I find strange is that the mixer is labeled as Class Compliant, which from my understanding means it should work with the IPad without any problems.

Is there anybody with a similar setup? Or does anybody have an idea what could cause this?

knowing apple, after a few years they basically kill off old devices making them run unbearably slow on their latest OS to try and force you to upgrade. its why i wouldnt touch their stuff with a barge pole now
    its unlikely to be the mixer, sounds like the tablet is struggling. sometimes an update comes out that fixes their mess later but that device is now 5 years old so about end of life for an apple.

Yea I understand the IPad is a bit outdated.

So I just tried it out with the IPhone XS which is pretty up to date and it has the exact same issue. Somehow there is a problem with IOS13 and "class compliant" audio interfaces or maybe only with the XONE in particular.

I can get no infos on this problem anywhere so I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing those strange short freezes or if it is a known bug. If anyone else had that please let me know and any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Try another app like DJ Player Pro maybe.

maybe try traktor - its free on ipad i think. sounds like there is some issue with the latency in the audio drivers on that ios release. im a pc guy so i cant help much on that side really but maybe some azio driver updates or something?