help me find a controller...maybe

Default help me find a controller...maybe

Year's back when i went digital i grabbed the denon dn-hd5000 and dn-x500 mixer, i loved it, still do, didnt like lugging it, ill be on it at my dec show ( the houses gear ), I only do a few guest shows a year these days but want to do more in 2020 so i started looking at controllers, I just don't wanna lug that bulky old denon stuff.

My format has zero scratching and at most 5 -10% beat mixing, so a lot of bells and whistles on the top gear is wasted with me, I like to have a cross fader, and would rather have slider than knob for channel vol, the jog wheel is mostly for cue, a little nudging for bpm but not much, I want internal sound card and mic and headphones of course.

I can't seem to find a controller that fits what i do, I have done big shows with the simple little dj2go and dji0 but i find that little toy too cramped up, I have to look before my hands just go where they need be on the gear,

So here i am asking those more savvy to whats out there is there any controllers that are just simple, have jog wheels, and faders, prefer play/pause/cue under jog wheel without a dozen other buttons down there i won't use.

Thanks
    Cheers
    B

Denon MC4000 might your profile. Just don't use it with SDJ.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Apart from the MC4000 mentioned above, petty much everything has a row of pads below the jog wheels. ....just because they're there doesn't mean you have to use them though.

On a budget?
    Mixars Primo offers a lot for the price.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Thanks,

The mc4000 isnt too bad, the thing about a mess of buttons under the jog wheel is sure i can just not use them but they are still in my way, so to speak, cluttering things up,

Also it's not about budget ( when i bought it like a decade back my denon gear wasnt cheap ) as much as my OCD, I won't spend 1000 to get a controller that I won't use 80% of,

I've been in this over 40 years, yikes, learned it on 1200s, have used tape, vhs, cd, done it all, my thing is punk, rock, metal, alternative, goth industrial, I booked other types of acts but i didnt spin it.
    My format is about playing the right thing at the right time, if i started scratching i would get bottles thrown at me, lol.

That said I do fully get that the market especially in the last 5 to 10 years is very much going after the person who is wanting a rig they can go wild on,
    I thought, hoped perhaps I was missing something out there but seems im not, another thought is i just try to scale down my old vintage denon rig, years back i even had a denon cd mixer in there, it wasnt light weight...

Again,
    Thanks all
    Cheers
    B

The other day i thought i made a reply and thanked you guys but don't see it,

Anyhoo,
    I came up over 4 decades back learning to doin and mic with 1200s , records, vhs, cds, etc, my format has very little beat mixing and only for certain things and no scratching, if i scratched i would get lotion ( or beer bottles ) thrown at me, lol.

No, it's not "budget" although I think most of us have one, i liked the lay out of the American audio 4.1 but feedback makes me wonder is it low end "budget" junk?
    2008 or so when i bought all this denon gear it wasn't cheap, just at this point I'm just too OCD to pay for stuff i would waste,
    No, I would never use the battery of buttons most new all in one controllers place under the pads, so they are just in my way,

I fully understand though the companies making this gear are after the inspiring DJs who do use all the bells and whistles,

After looking at size and what it would weigh in a case a good modern all in one controller isnt all that much better ( for me ) than my old denon gear, either way my load in takes a dolly,

I'll use the vintage denon gear for my shows but bring the dj2go as a back up, and just check around from time to time if a company makes that missing link that would suit my needs,

Again thanks all and happy holidays, wish me luck for sat, even after all these years i still get nervious.

Cheers
    B