Midi Fighter 3D with Digitakt

Default Midi Fighter 3D with Digitakt

Hi all,

New here and interested to know if it would be possible to connect the Midi Fighter 3D to the Digitakt directly? I've used the search function and came across this thread where someone apparently got a Twister working with a Digitakt.

Since the Digitakt is not a USB-host, I know I will need a Midi-USB host device to connect any usb-midi controller. After reading the setup guide of the Midi Fighter 3D, I learned that it is not possible to connect to a midi-hub. So my first question is, is a midi-usb host a midi-hub? Or an easier question: Did anyone get the Midi Fighter 3D working with the Digitakt?

My second question is: how does the midi mapping work? I understand you have to use the Midi Fighter software to assign cc's to the buttons, so it'll have to be connected to a PC. Can you assign CC's via the software and then unplug it from the PC and plug it into the Digitakt? Or is that not the way it works?

My main purpose of the Midi Fighter 3D would be to trigger the samples on the Digitakt and do finger drumming. I hope you guys are able to tell me if this would work! Thanks.

Tech Wizard

https://www.amazon.com/Kenton-Electr...6196617&sr=8-1
    you need one of these, midi out from the kenton into the digitakt. I don't know if you can assign a midifighter note button to each midi channel though. Channels 1 to 8 need to be assigned to the first 8 buttons of your MF3D

Quote Originally Posted by sorce View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Kenton-Electr...6196617&sr=8-1
    you need one of these, midi out from the kenton into the digitakt. I don't know if you can assign a midifighter note button to each midi channel though. Channels 1 to 8 need to be assigned to the first 8 buttons of your MF3D
    Thanks for your response. I've had contact with the support team of DJ Tech Tools, and they told me the same thing (recommending me a Bome Box instead of a Kenton). I've decided not to go ahead with this idea, since it would set me back a significant amount of money for only the USB-MIDI host, and in the case of the Bome Box, an additional amount of money for the Midi Translator Pro software, which is needed to change the midi notes that the 3D sends. The Translator software also didn't look very easy to use. Thanks anyway for your response!