Is the RANE MP2015 a Good Buy in 2020?
    Tech Mentor

Default Is the RANE MP2015 a Good Buy in 2020?

Hey everyone! I wanted to gather your thoughts to see if the RANE MP2015 is a solid purchase in 2020, and how your experience with the mixer has been. I would like to use the rotary mixer with Traktor & CDJs, I have heard people having issues with the internal USB soundcard and audio glitching when using their software, is this true? Are you using this mixer in 2020 and what is your opinion on the equipment? All info is appreciated, thank you!
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

Reticuli will necrobump this thread in 10 years and tell you all about it. I've never had issues with the MP2015 in the wild, but I've also only used it with CDJ's.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by JackalJyve View Post
    Hey everyone! I wanted to gather your thoughts to see if the RANE MP2015 is a solid purchase in 2020, and how your experience with the mixer has been.

Best mixer I've even owned. It's absolutely worth it if you prefer rotary mixers. So much headroom and crystal clear sound. I had a 2016 previously which was also an amazing mixer, and while I slightly preferred the stiffer pots of the 2016, transitioning was no issue. I've used it both as standalone with my CDJ's, and with Serato. Zero issues with either. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Sometimes I find myself still staring at it

Tech Convert

Genuinely do not see the fascination with rotary mixers.
    Can't help but think there's nothing to them not to mention they look toss.

Coming from someone that's never actually used one.

Quote Originally Posted by DJRatus View Post
    Genuinely do not see the fascination with rotary mixers.
    Can't help but think there's nothing to them not to mention they look toss.

Coming from someone that's never actually used one.
    ALmost every synth uses Pots for all of the controls. Your EQ on your DJ mixer uses pots for all of the controls sans volume and crossfader. The comfort of muscle memory makes Rotary mixers more enjoyable to play on, especially if you are someone that uses volume controls properly (not just slamming the volume faders to max in every transition).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    ...especially if you are someone that uses volume controls properly (not just slamming the volume faders to max in every transition).
    Wait, there's another way to do it?