What mixer

Thread: What mixer

Tech Convert

Default What mixer

Hi, new to forum. I play Northern Soul/Funk/Disco/ Early House and Techno. All vinyl at small clubs and pubs. I have had a Pioneer DJM 500 for twenty years, it has seen rough times. It has now given up on me so I am looking for a replacement.Sound quality is most important to me. So, I have been looking at the Xone 43 and 92. Now I have the budget for the 92 but if I can get the same sound quality from the cheaper one then I could be tempted with the 43. Or would I always regret getting the 92. Thoughts and advice please. Cheers.

Tech Wizard

Xone 92 is the best club mixer ive ever used....reaosn why i got the 62 back then and never looked back from A&H....have a px5 now and love it looking forward to upgrade to a 96

Allen and Grief...

That's a joke, the sound quality is great with A&H but tbh Pioneer have massively caught up. I'd be looking at a PX5 for the FX etc but the main reason to get a pioneer is if youre going to be playing out and want to get used to the layout and fx u get on o 900nxs2 etc. that's why i went with a DJM750mk2, personally.

But each to their own.

If i didn't go Pioneer i'd prolly get an A&H PX5 ... or a Condesa rotary with a pioneer RXm 1000 for FX
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Between the 43 and the 92 ... I would opt for the 92. 4-band EQ will really help sculpt your mixes for house and techno.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Convert

Default Which mixer

Thanks everyone for the advice. Now own a Xone 92!! Cannot believe I have been putting up with the substandard sound of that old mixer for so long!! Just getting used to the 92, completely different from Pioneer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Pan View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Now own a Xone 92!! Cannot believe I have been putting up with the substandard sound of that old mixer for so long!! Just getting used to the 92, completely different from Pioneer!
    Congrats!! And welcome to the 92 club!!

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Convert

Thanks! Honestly can’t believe the sound quality from vinyl through this mixer. Feel reborn!!