Traktor/Rane Mp2015 issue...
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor/Rane Mp2015 issue...

Bit of an odd issue with my new Rane MP2015 and Traktor…

I like to have decks A & B on the middle two channels of the mixer, so have Traktor's deck A routed to channel 2, deck B to channel 3, deck C to channel 1 and deck D to channel 4.

Channels 2, 3 and 4 are performing as they should but nothing is coming through channel 1. Bizarrely, when I turn the filter knob on channel 2, I can hear channel 1’s output... this is happening whether I have this channel’s filter switch activated or not!?

Rane's Control Panel app. doesn't seem to offer any routing options or control assignment, so I'm thinking this must be something going on at the Traktor end...

(Not running any DVS vinyl/CD controller if this is in any way relevant by the way).

Any ideas?

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Hmm, I have my MP-2015 set up like that with Traktor. A and B are on the middle channels, and C and D are on the outer.

I think I just set the routing up in Traktor and that was that. That makes no sense why turning the filter on Channel 2 would let you hear Channel 1's input.

Do you have an "off by one" issue in your channel routing?

Are you on a Mac or PC? I use a Mac, you can set a few things in the built in Audio/MIDI setup app. For example, I changed the default channels to the "Session In" channels. That way if I use the Rane as my regular Mac audio output, if I play iTunes for example, it'll output to the "Session In" and not Channel 1/2.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    Hmm, I have my MP-2015 set up like that with Traktor. A and B are on the middle channels, and C and D are on the outer.

I think I just set the routing up in Traktor and that was that. That makes no sense why turning the filter on Channel 2 would let you hear Channel 1's input.

Do you have an "off by one" issue in your channel routing?

Are you on a Mac or PC? I use a Mac, you can set a few things in the built in Audio/MIDI setup app. For example, I changed the default channels to the "Session In" channels. That way if I use the Rane as my regular Mac audio output, if I play iTunes for example, it'll output to the "Session In" and not Channel 1/2.
    ..thanks for the reply Ryan. No, Traktor routing seems correct. I'm on a new MacBook Pro running latest OS (I know there have been some audio issues but nothing like this as far as I know).

Will check the audio/midi setup.. The 'Session In' idea is a good one, I used to have to change preferences in order to hear the Mac output on my DB4, this would seem a much better solution.

I'll investigate and get back, cheers

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Unbroken1 View Post
    ..thanks for the reply Ryan. No, Traktor routing seems correct. I'm on a new MacBook Pro running latest OS (I know there have been some audio issues but nothing like this as far as I know).

Will check the audio/midi setup.. The 'Session In' idea is a good one, I used to have to change preferences in order to hear the Mac output on my DB4, this would seem a much better solution.

I'll investigate and get back, cheers
    You may be very unhappy with the current El Capitan and this mixer, at least until they fix the USB audio issues. I took this short video the other day to highlight the continued issues I'm having:

I don't think it's Rane, the Rane doesn't even use it's own driver, it just uses class compliant drivers provided by the OS. I've also had problems with an Apogee Duet, and a bunch of other people have issues with other USB cards as well. Apple changed how USB works in El Capitan, and have yet to provide any fix for it.

Tech Mentor

Strange... But I agree with Ryan. It may be an El Capitan issue. I've been having issues with my desktop and refuse to subject my gigging laptop to the "upgrade" until things are fixed.

Have you updated the firmware on the 2015? I know it's been out since the summer, but worth checking.

Also, try connecting 4 external inputs (disconnect the computer) and see if you have the same problem.
    If so, contract Rane... They are usually pretty helpful

Hope you get it sorted. I am so spoiled with that mixer that I get disappointed when I have to use something else

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRome View Post
    Strange... But I agree with Ryan. It may be an El Capitan issue. I've been having issues with my desktop and refuse to subject my gigging laptop to the "upgrade" until things are fixed.

Have you updated the firmware on the 2015? I know it's been out since the summer, but worth checking.

Also, try connecting 4 external inputs (disconnect the computer) and see if you have the same problem.
    If so, contract Rane... They are usually pretty helpful

Hope you get it sorted. I am so spoiled with that mixer that I get disappointed when I have to use something else
    That's a good point, DL the latest Rane control app and install it. When you open that, it'll show you if there's any firmware to install on the MP-2015.

Tech Wizard

...saw that Ryan and yes I've heard about the El Capitan problems, no audio issues as yet, although I haven't had a long enough session on the mixer as yet. Rane do seem to be suggesting the fault is at Apple's end.

Thanks Tony, yes latest firmware is on there. Will try the external input thing and report back

Tech Wizard

...quick update.

Sorted the channel 1 issue... a little embarrassing, I discovered that the Pan and Gain controls on that deck in Traktor were turned all the way to one side (wondered if I might have done this accidentally by turning a pot before disabling the midi control in the Rane Control Panel app.), and because I had deck controls for C & D minimised in Traktor, couldn't see this until I opened the deck control menu in Traktor prefs. Still can't explain channel 2's filter bringing in audio from channel 1, but all seems to be working fine now

Mix recorder is working well, have yet to try the Audio/Midi app./Session In thing for the Mac audio output, will give that a go next. Thankfully, no El Capitan distortion issues and am absolutely loving the mixer so far... know what you mean Tony, its going to be tough going back to something else now

Tech Mentor

Good to hear! I always find myself manually resetting all of the controls before each gig, as I prep my sets during my commute without a mixer or controller hooked up.

I believe there is a function in the settings menu that resets all controls upon loading a track. Take a look into it, as it may keep that from happening again.

Enjoy... It really is a joy to work on

Tech Mentor

Hey can anyone confirm if they are having issues with the RANE MP2015 and the soundcard in 2020? Is this still a good purchase? Thanks!
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com