Which Mixer?

Thread: Which Mixer?

Tech Convert

Default Which Mixer?

Hi, New to the forum and I think I have posted this twice, on the wrong page! Anyway, think I am in the right place now. I play soul, funk, disco and early house. Usually small clubs/pubs. All vinyl. I have had a DJM 500 for twenty years now and it has, unfortunately seen better days. It has been worked hard and never failed. I am now looking to buy a new mixer. Sound quality is most important to me. I will be adding external fx at some point. A&H Xone series Are appealing to me just now. I have the budget for the Xone 92, however, if I can achieve the same sound quality from the Xone 43, I think I would go for that. DonÂ’t want to get the 43 and regret not getting the 92. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jump on the rotary train. MasterSounds, Bozak...Wait for the forthcoming Bozure...

Tech Convert

How about the xone 23? Only 2 channels (which I'm assuming is all you use as you play vinyl only) and an external fx loop and single filter with adjustable resonance. Has booth output and balanced master and is definitely worth the money...

Tech Convert

Default Which mixer

Thanks for all the replies. I have just ordered the 92. I know it is total overkill for what I need. Hopefully I have made the right decision! I am also preying that there is a vast difference in the sound quality between the 92 and a twenty year old DJM 500. If there is I will be able to justify it to myself, fingers crossed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Pan View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I have just ordered the 92. I know it is total overkill for what I need. Hopefully I have made the right decision! I am also preying that there is a vast difference in the sound quality between the 92 and a twenty year old DJM 500. If there is I will be able to justify it to myself, fingers crossed!!
    You are going to absolutely love the 92. The sound of the mixer is beyond impressive.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6