The Kontrol S1/S8 project [build log] - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou
    Yep, just a standard USB B female port on the back. They might even have audio out (16 bit, 44.1 kHz) and will also feature a monochrome display with track title, time, progress etc.
    Say what now???

Seriously - you better start snapping these up for modding and selling. You won't be able to make 'em fast enough once word gets out...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Say what now???

Seriously - you better start snapping these up for modding and selling. You won't be able to make 'em fast enough once word gets out...
    This. I already want a pair. :-p
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Thanks for the positive words guys!

I might set up a page where you can put down a fully refundable deposit to "reserve a place in line". I won't be back in The Netherlands until April though so they won’t ship until the end of April. I just don't want to make this too commercial. I would love cranking out a dozen of these things though and the volume would justify adding cooler things to the project.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Thanks for the positive words guys!

I might set up a page where you can put down a fully refundable deposit to "reserve a place in line". I won't be back in The Netherlands until April though so they won’t ship until the end of April. I just don't want to make this too commercial. I would love cranking out a dozen of these things though and the volume would justify adding cooler things to the project.
    A Kickstarter would work well for this kind of project. a 3 month timeline is about right for custom gear anyway, so you are already ahead of the curve.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    A Kickstarter would work well for this kind of project. a 3 month timeline is about right for custom gear anyway, so you are already ahead of the curve.
    I'm a bit afraid of NI coming after me if I start a Kickstarter, anyone know of any projects like this? Modding products from companies to create a product that looks and feels exactly like their brand?

I’ve got an S2 MK1 with your name all over it.

I can’t see the OEM coming after you. As long as you don’t add anything to it (NI/Traktor stickers, for example) you’re not doing anything that they could come after you for.
    Last edited by Patch; 02-07-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Made a 'lil mockup of the OLED display:

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You should definitely check with NI first. They didn't allow me to use their logo on my Traktor mapping service site so I went with arcade button instead of using Traktor logo.

TraktorMappingService-logo-v5.jpg

TraktorMappingService-logo-v1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You should definitely check with NI first. They didn't allow me to use their logo on my Traktor mapping service site so I went with arcade button instead of using Traktor logo.

TraktorMappingService-logo-v5.jpg

TraktorMappingService-logo-v1.jpg
    Dope logo btw but yhea, suppose someone would start selling half-sized iPhones and started calling them iPhone 11,5's that would probably not go too well. We'll find out I guess, for now nothing wrong with sawing things in half that you own yourself!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast