Anyone experience with Rodec MX180 MK2

Default Anyone experience with Rodec MX180 MK2

Hi,

new user here.
    I have the chance of buying a secondhand Rodec MX180 MK2. I am looking for a mixer where the sound quality is superior above else, do not need effects, and so i heard a lot of good things about the MX180 in general.

Few questions:

1. What do i certainly need to test to make sure i have a good mixer in front of me?

2. Are there big differences component wise between the MX180, MK progressions and original?

3. Would love to hear people that own or owned one of these mixers about their experience.

Thanks in advance!

cheers f

First off, that is a beautiful mixer and one of my faves. I have not spent enough personal time on all three or even remember which versions of each i played on (they were all rotary modded except one) to know the specific differences.

You will need a microphone, turntable, and line level devices to test all the inputs. A pair of monitors and headphones to test the outputs.

MC does a beautiful rotary kit for these.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6