The Kontrol S1/S8 project [build log] - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Made a 'lil mockup of the OLED display:

Woah! That looks dope!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Awesome, just awesome

Tech Convert

damn cool project .. my compliment man .. and so nice sseing the post on DJTT front page (the reason i found too), so keep me posted on progress.

I started similar idea some time ago, but gave up as i tried to make a s1mk2 .. unfortunatly this one has a single pcb (not splitted as the mk1) ... see here:
    S4mk2 Inside.jpg

I needed the mk2 because TDJ (ios, which does not support mk1) wanted to keep all logic as it is, using as single deck unit for TDJ (no Arduino) .. cut away the mixer, soundcard and FX panel only (only keep the controls cue/play/enc etc working) as a portable device for TDJ (preparing/gridding songs). may not be possible anyhow.

So .. big compliment !! nice work

also compliment to the nice info on github: https://github.com/NickolasBoyer/Kon...ster/README.md

Last edited by Kalo; 02-11-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Super cool!

Quote Originally Posted by oddworld_audio View Post
    Awesome, just awesome
    Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalo View Post
    damn cool project .. my compliment man .. and so nice sseing the post on DJTT front page (the reason i found too), so keep me posted on progress.

I started similar idea some time ago, but gave up as i tried to make a s1mk2 .. unfortunatly this one has a single pcb (not splitted as the mk1) ... see here:
    S4mk2 Inside.jpg

I needed the mk2 because TDJ (ios, which does not support mk1) wanted to keep all logic as it is, using as single deck unit for TDJ (no Arduino) .. cut away the mixer, soundcard and FX panel only (only keep the controls cue/play/enc etc working) as a portable device for TDJ (preparing/gridding songs). may not be possible anyhow.

So .. big compliment !! nice work

also compliment to the nice info on github: https://github.com/NickolasBoyer/Kon...ster/README.md

Cool! Yes the S2's unfortunately are not as easily modded, pretty happy they went for the panel design with the S4!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Convert

I tried S4mk2, not S2 .. but i got your point ..unfortunatly they moved to a single pcb , but your project is cool, love it, keep on going ! ..

What i did not get in total: do you plan to mount a complete Arduino/Teensy with own sketch (midi native) .. or how to connect at end ?
    Last edited by Kalo; 02-11-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalo View Post
    I tried S4mk2, not S2 .. but i got your point ..unfortunatly they moved to a single pcb , but your project is cool, love it, keep on going ! .. do you plan to build a complete Arduino with own sketch (midi) or how to connct your mod if ready ?
    Oh damn, thanks for clearing that up! I had no idea I already had a look at an S2 and it seemed similar, well that's a bummer, was planning on converting some MK2's too. Thanks!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Oh damn, thanks for clearing that up! I had no idea I already had a look at an S2 and it seemed similar, well that's a bummer, was planning on converting some MK2's too. Thanks!

This is all kinds of awesome.

It's the type of thing I would have tried years ago, but with EKS XP's. They were fantastic for modding - cheap, lots of buttons, a soundcard and a jog wheel. There was little need to add a Arduino or anything like that, you just soldered cables on the pcb and added a case. Ahh, the good old days.....

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    This is all kinds of awesome.

It's the type of thing I would have tried years ago, but with EKS XP's. They were fantastic for modding - cheap, lots of buttons, a soundcard and a jog wheel. There was little need to add a Arduino or anything like that, you just soldered cables on the pcb and added a case. Ahh, the good old days.....
    I am also not sure about, I think DJDoubleYou will add an Arduino too, and make the whole logic himself, right ?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast