Using effects hardware with controllers

Default Using effects hardware with controllers

Can anybody tell me if its possible to connect effects hardware to a controller? I know this sounds counter intuitive because software has all the effects I will need. However, I have a denon MCX-8000 and ive been using the standalone two channel section. This does not require a computer and I think imm going to just stick with that for now.

So im not going to be using a computer with this controller. There are three effects that i can choose from and they are pretty much shit. So i would like to connect effects hardware. I have been looking at some hardware but im unsure if they will even work with it. below is a list of hardware that ive been looking at any advice would be awesome.

Pioneer EFX 500 and 1000

Pioneer fx 500

Any kaoss pad.

Also, is there any other hardware out there that i can connect that im not aware of? Im trying not to spend an arm and a leg ....like the pioneer fx 1000..shits like 800 bucks. I just cant see spending tht kind of money just for effects.

Thanks guys and gals
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Tech Convert

What software?

Quote Originally Posted by DJRatus View Post
    What software?
    The Denon uses engine. But it's internal. I'm not using a computer, just thumb drives. It's a four channel, has master in and out but no FX send
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

You can use absolutely any h/w fx with controllers.

Connect the fx unit between your controller and your amp/speakers.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You can use absolutely any h/w fx with controllers.

Connect the fx unit between your controller and your amp/speakers.
    Oh ok! So I'm not going to have to worry about a sound issue? Like it being too loud or quite?

You won’t know until you try. But you’ll have volume controls in your software, on your controller, the fx unit, and the amp/speakers.

Read up on Gain Staging.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

You just can't preview the effects in your headphones doing it that way. Does the MCX8000 have an aux out/in or FX send/return?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    You just can't preview the effects in your headphones doing it that way. Does the MCX8000 have an aux out/in or FX send/return?
    It doesn't... Just four channels, and a mic input. I'm thinking I would have to get two units, one for each channel.
    The pioneer efx 500 is going for $150 at the moment. It's an old unit in dj years, and replaced by the RMX 1000 back in 2006 (give or take a few years) BUT it's an extremely good kit. I would consider buying two if I know it will work AND not sound like ass.

What do you think?

If you're not using your booth out and can route audio to it separately from the mains then you could possibly use it's output to the outboard FX and route the FX back into a channel on the mixer. Kinda kludgy but you'd have your FX on a channel fader independent of the clean signal which would be pretty sweet.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Not sure how you'd use 2 FX units if you're playing your music from a drive or USBs. If you were using outboard decks into the line inputs then conceivably, you could put the FX units inline before hitting the line inputs but that makes for an awful lot of gear.