So what about my beloved s3

Default So what about my beloved s3

My controller experience began with the second generation S4 - it's still going strong despite feeling (and looking) a little dated. I then 'downgraded' to the S2Mkll, which is a simple, uncluttered joy but simply lacks any real grunt. Despite no enthusiastic reviews, I took a leap of faith and 'upgraded' to the S3. In my humble opinion it ticks every single box. And yet it doesn't even feature on this forum. Anyone out there want to share their opinions, finds and hopefully a few tricks about this wonderful controller?
    356 reasons why

Still no takers? Clearly not...... But, to more pressing matters - just downloaded the new Controller Editor and the S3 is STILL not showing in the drop-down menu. My software however DOES show the S3. Anyone with the same issue?
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Still no takers? Clearly not...... But, to more pressing matters - just downloaded the new Controller Editor and the S3 is STILL not showing in the drop-down menu. My software however DOES show the S3. Anyone with the same issue?
    Unfortunately, NI provided too little too late on the new controller releases. So, they are not in as widespread use as the older NI controllers were. I still have yet to see any of the new NI controllers in the wild, but still see the older controllers (especially the S8 and S4 MK2).

Not helpful to you, but might shed some light as to why they don't get much love on the forum. Have you posted your issue on the NI forum?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Unfortunately, NI provided too little too late on the new controller releases. So, they are not in as widespread use as the older NI controllers were. I still have yet to see any of the new NI controllers in the wild, but still see the older controllers (especially the S8 and S4 MK2). Not helpful to you, but might shed some light as to why they don't get much love on the forum. Have you posted your issue on the NI forum?
    I hear you, not seeing many (in the wild - love that) here either. As a 'newer' controller, I was expecting it to feature on the Controller Editor update, but it still doesn't. I have posted over at NI and, no, I haven't had a response. Yet.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    I hear you, not seeing many (in the wild - love that) here either. As a 'newer' controller, I was expecting it to feature on the Controller Editor update, but it still doesn't. I have posted over at NI and, no, I haven't had a response. Yet.
    Hopefully they respond soon. All of that aside, I was really impressed with the entire lineup. They are super quality controllers and run circles around the competition. I wish Rekordbox would unlock jog wheel mapping (without manually coding it) in the software.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Default S3

I bought the S3 too as it ticks so many boxes in the price range.
    Dissappointed with NI with the poor user manual and it seems they missed a huge selling point in that it can be USB or mains powered. This is so cool and allows for super mobile sets in remote locations, especially with the Traktor app.
    Would love to see some more from NI on the S3 as I think it's best in class. 4 channel mixer ability is awesome.