Looking for a good portable controller when traveling

Default Looking for a good portable controller when traveling

I'm looking for a solid controller to buy for when I'm travelling, I'm not playing professionally when on the go but I would like it to have some advanced features and not be a "beginner controller". The ones I looked into are:

Novation Twitch
    Has a lot of advanced controlls and I like that it's quite original, touchstrips look cool, lot's of controlls.

Reloop MIXTOUR
    Has got the bare essentials in a super compact package.

X1 MK2 and Z1
    Generally good controllers, but I don't have any use for them in my usual setup so would just be for travel. And I would prefer for it to be an all in 1 controller.

Something like a reloop mixage
    These are dirt dirt cheap (€30) so I could even gift them to someone if I can't take it home and buy a new one later.

Remap a tiny controller like the Novation Nocturn
    (not the Nocturn specifically, it has no MIDI) but there seem to be just enough controlls to do mixing and playback.

Open to all suggestions, only hard requirement is that they can't get much bigger and heavier than the Twitch. I also travel with an iPad I could use TouchOSC with.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I think I would go for the X1 Mk2 and Z1. Cool thing is, you will be able to hook them up to iPhones and iPads, in order for it to be completely portable.
    (That and that you will have two small footprint controllers that will be more easy to carry around than one larger footprint controller.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Is standalone an option? Prime GO seems almost too good but it's expensive, probably an overkill.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Twister!

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    I think I would go for the X1 Mk2 and Z1. Cool thing is, you will be able to hook them up to iPhones and iPads, in order for it to be completely portable.
    (That and that you will have two small footprint controllers that will be more easy to carry around than one larger footprint controller.)
    This option is starting to grow on me, though I would love to have something like a 4-channel Z1, but all the ones I can find are either really old or way too big.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Is standalone an option? Prime GO seems almost too good but it's expensive, probably an overkill.
    Love the originality of the controller but it's too big (profile is not slim enough), though I would prefer a controller like this that is not "standard".

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Twister!
    Actually a really good suggestion, though (since I will be buying second-hand) this is the most expensive one of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    4-channel Z1
    Behringer CMD MM-1 + soundcard.

I'm partial to Reloop. Ive had a pair of Contours for 10 years that still work and look like brand new. They simply make great hardware.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

The Z1 & X1 are gonna give you a pretty sweet 2-Deck set uo.

But the Mixtour is close to that in a much smaller footprint....
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I ended up being able to pick up a Xone K1 and two X1 MK2's for €185. I think I'm primairly going to be traveling with the two X1's and using my ipad as the mixer, I've thrown together a TouchOSC mapping over the weekeind: