Will Pioneer Manage To Keep It's Foothold?

Default Will Pioneer Manage To Keep It's Foothold?

With Rekordbox's recent blunder, tons of us are outraged at Pioneer. With Denon's players and standalones becoming better and Pioneer's "free software" controller sales gone do you think they are going to be able to survive?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJGlitch View Post
    With Rekordbox's recent blunder, tons of us are outraged at Pioneer. With Denon's players and standalones becoming better and Pioneer's "free software" controller sales gone do you think they are going to be able to survive?
    Pioneer will survive. That said, customers have more choice than ever before. Pioneer desperately needs to update their CDJ line or they will continue to miss an opportunity to retain customers. I've been using 1000MK3's since 06, with the latter years using them as controllers for Serato DJ. I made a decision to move away from laptop DJ'ing and couldn't justify paying almost 4 grand for NX2's with dated technology. My preference would have been to update to newer CDJ's, and I have waited patiently for some time, but updates just haven't happened.

Denon on the other hand has been on fire. Tired of waiting, I just pre-ordered a pair of SC6000's to replace my CDJ's. Along with vinyl, I started digital dj'ing at the clubs on DN-2000F's so it looks like I've come full circle. Denon actually listens to their customers and continues to innovate based on direct feedback, vs the arrogance Pioneer continues to display towards their customers which is unfortunate. No one needs to tolerate that when spending their hard earned money.

My Pioneers have served me well over the years, and there's no debating the quality of their kit. It was a tough decision to move away from the brand, but I felt the level of technology I'm getting with Denon, at the price point, is a no brainer. It wouldn't surprise me with the current 6000's if more people followed suit.