Sanitizing DJ Equipment

Default Sanitizing DJ Equipment

Does anyone know how to properly and safely sanitize DJ equipment (mixers / controllers / etc)?

Bloody good question. I’ve only ever dusted mine, or cleaned it with an almost dry microfibre cloth (with some kitchen or bathroom cleaner on).

If I was looking to do it, it’d be with 1 microfibre cloth with some bathroom cleaner on (something with some BLEACH in it), and a 2nd, dry microfibre cloth to take the streaks off.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Thats a good question. Using alcohol can slowly start to strip labeling off and start to dry out any rubberized buttons. Bleach might have the same effect on labels and any stickers. The best practice will be to use good ole soap and water (dont soak it, just enough to clean). Then make sure every DJ washes their hands before hopping on.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Most things that get trashed by alcohol can be cleaned with soapy hot water. Needless to say, you'll need to disassemble those parts first and let em dry 110%.

I work in a hospital and this hospital-grade cleaning wipes are safe for computers and hospital equipment. I would probably think they are the best for dis-infecting and to safely used on gear.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    I work in a hospital and this hospital-grade cleaning wipes are safe for computers and hospital equipment. I would probably think they are the best for dis-infecting and to safely used on gear.

Me too...I miss the cavi wipe packets they used to give us.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post

Just had mum grab some of these from the hospital for me after seeing this thread. Thank you. Sucks, both my residency and all gigs were cancelled for the next three weeks anyway., :-(
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Best advice I ever got on this came from a heroin addict:

“Don’t share your gear with anyone!”
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj