Twister reset values crooked
    Tech Convert

Default Twister reset values crooked

Hi, when pushing a knob button to reset a parameter in FL Studio, the result is never accurate.
    (This is with detent) Pitch, Pan etc. The knob never returns to exactly the middle, and that's a big problem.
    Especially for functions that are disabled when in the middle, but enabled when the knob is tweaked (LFO amount for example). If a pitch knob is even slightly off, the instrument doesn't sound in tune. This issue happens with any bipolar parameter in FL Studio.

I assume this is because the MIDI values can only be 0 to 128 (or 1 to 127). There is no exact middle value for either of those ranges. I think Image Line had fixed that problem by converting that range to a 0-100 system. So their mouse reset features always work perfectly.

Is there a work around for this? Or are my knobs always going to be messed up using the Twister?

Reset with the Twister knob:
    Amount Crooked.png

Reset with the mouse:
    Amount Perfect.png

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTRev View Post
    Hi, when pushing a knob button to reset a parameter in FL Studio, the result is never accurate.
    (This is with detent) Pitch, Pan etc. The knob never returns to exactly the middle, and that's a big problem.
    Especially for functions that are disabled when in the middle, but enabled when the knob is tweaked (LFO amount for example). If a pitch knob is even slightly off, the instrument doesn't sound in tune. This issue happens with any bipolar parameter in FL Studio.

I assume this is because the MIDI values can only be 0 to 128 (or 1 to 127). There is no exact middle value for either of those ranges. I think Image Line had fixed that problem by converting that range to a 0-100 system. So their mouse reset features always work perfectly.

Is there a work around for this? Or are my knobs always going to be messed up using the Twister?

Reset with the Twister knob:
    Amount Crooked.png

Reset with the mouse:
    Amount Perfect.png
    For values 0-128, 64 is dead center.

For values 1-127, 64 is still dead center.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Trev,

Can you give a little more info such as:

1. Do you use CC Encoder or 3Fh encoder?
    2. Which effect/plugin are you working with? (the one in your provided pics)

Thanks!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    For values 0-128, 64 is dead center.

For values 1-127, 64 is still dead center.
    LOL.
    Zero is a value in 0-128. So there are 129 values. 64.5 is centre.
    1 to 127 includes 1 in the total, so it's 127 values, not 128. 63.5 is centre.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey Trev,

Can you give a little more info such as:

1. Do you use CC Encoder or 3Fh encoder?
    2. Which effect/plugin are you working with? (the one in your provided pics)

Thanks!
    They are all CC's. I've never changed them away from that; don't know what 3Fh is. I just checked, and the encoder settings say CC.

The example pics are the volume LFO module in the FL Studio sampler instrument settings tab.
    But any knob is the same result.
    I've asked Image Line too, but haven't got an answer yet.

They are all CC's. I've never changed them away from that; don't know what 3Fh is. I just checked, and the encoder settings say CC.

The example pics are the volume LFO module in the FL Studio sampler instrument settings tab.
    But any knob is the same result.
    I've asked Image Line too, but haven't got an answer yet.
    Thanks for providing additional info!
    I tested and duplicated the same result as yours... Than I changed the Mapping Formula to "Center dead zone (small) which fixed it for me.

Tech Convert

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Thanks for providing additional info!
    I tested and duplicated the same result as yours... Than I changed the Mapping Formula to "Center dead zone (small) which fixed it for me.

PERFECT! I love you, thanks.
    It also provides a slight pause when crossing the zero line, too.
    I should have known a formula would fix it. Thank you!

PERFECT! I love you, thanks.
    It also provides a slight pause when crossing the zero line, too.
    I should have known a formula would fix it. Thank you!
    Happy to help =)

Stay safe out there!

LOL.
    Zero is a value in 0-128. So there are 129 values. 64.5 is centre.
    1 to 127 includes 1 in the total, so it's 127 values, not 128. 63.5 is centre.
    I was referring to where FLStudio reads the center dead zone.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6