Toastmaster's/Centripetal's "Versatile" Novation Twitch Mapping for Traktor v0.9.5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Toastmaster's/Centripetal's "Versatile" Novation Twitch Mapping for Traktor v0.9.5

(Note, I'm not sure if this forum is allowed to be used for posting new mappings made anymore (I did not see a detailed description in the rules about this) so if it's not, delete at will, mods).

I recently purchased a Novation Twitch controller and was itching to use it in Traktor. Needless to say, when I grabbed Novation's Standard Traktor Mapping I was more than a little disappointed. So much so that I was provoked to make a mapping that took full use of the amazing complexity of MIDI hardware in the little device. After numerous man-hours of work, I present the first version that is fully functional with only a few minor issues (mostly LED feedback based). I wanted to build a mapping that was as efficient as possible and provided practically anything a DJ needs during a performance of varying styles(hence the title “Versatile” I have given the map). I hope you agree that this mapping is very versatile and effective in providing almost any feature you need during a performance.

You can download the mapping and the graphical guide provided here: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1383

I also developed a 9 page written guide that details the features provided by the mapping. The best way I could find to allow you to download this was a zippy file: http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/6971960/file.html

I am also planning to make a youtube video, guiding one through the numerous features this map holds. I just wanted to get this mapping out of the development phase and allow people to try it and provide feedback, comments, and advice to make it even better. Hope you guy's enjoy!

(P.S. Centripetal is my DJ name, but Toastmaster was the username I used here prior to DJing )
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII
    Denon X1600 Professional Mixer
    Windows 7 64 Bit, Intel i7 Processor, 6 GB RAM

I'll dig into your guide, and test your mapping out bro

Thanks mate, always appreciated! (BTW I fixed the image for you )
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII

FYI, I updated the mapping recently due to the discovery that a few easily solvable issues were still there. Fixed was:

- Slot 4 of Remix Deck B not triggering when pressing the corresponding button
    - LED feedback for Deck D loop out was not mapped correctly.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Toastmaster, this is quite advance mapping. You burn all the modifiers jet

...switching from Decks A to C or B to D...
    This hardware standard can be improved with mappings by adding multiple deck focuses. Essential for my 4deck mix. Ability to control any of four deck in ether of focuses. In twitch layout I'd hold shift and four performance page buttons at both sides become deck selectors, release shift and back to performance mode. You could still keep all your cue and effects and have two more free buttons (ex a>c / b>d) for another set of shift buttons or anything else.

Also for your deck flavor switch. You have to to hit one button to go in the remix deck and use hotcue mode button to get back to track. You consider to set one toggling modifier there that is also assigned by shift button modifier and set direct state for both flavors?

Thanks Stewe! Glad to hear some good feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    In twitch layout I'd hold shift and four performance page buttons at both sides become deck selectors, release shift and back to performance mode.
    If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting using the performance mode selection buttons as deck focus selectors for all decks in shift mode, enabling you to select which deck is in focus, regardless of which deck is active (i.e. can select any deck in focus regardless if left deck is A or C or right deck is B or D)? If so, thats a great idea that I will implement.

Also for your deck flavor switch. You have to to hit one button to go in the remix deck and use hotcue mode button to get back to track. You consider to set one toggling modifier there that is also assigned by shift button modifier and set direct state for both flavors?
    I originally considered this idea when mapping it, but decided to do the current mapping instead. I did so because, if you are wanting to switch to a track deck or remix deck, it is likely you would want to be looking at the hotcues or slot triggers/loaders at the same time, respectively. Mapping it this way essentially performs 2 actions in 1 button press; I saw this as a more efficient way to maneuver between decks.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster View Post
    If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting using the performance mode selection buttons as deck focus selectors for all decks in shift mode, enabling you to select which deck is in focus, regardless of which deck is active (i.e. can select any deck in focus regardless if left deck is A or C or right deck is B or D)? If so, thats a great idea that I will implement.
    What you basically do to set traktor deck focus selector on one side and use four a modifier (4 state) at the other side of the unit. Should be able to control same deck in both focuses at one time. I personally prefer both created out of modifiers with independent shift function for each of focuses And use traktor focus for other stuff.

I originally considered this idea when mapping it, but decided to do the current mapping instead. I did so because, if you are wanting to switch to a track deck or remix deck, it is likely you would want to be looking at the hotcues or slot triggers/loaders at the same time, respectively. Mapping it this way essentially performs 2 actions in 1 button press; I saw this as a more efficient way to maneuver between decks.
    You could free that button as mention and instead you can use shift > deck selector button to go trough deck flavors for that deck and have pads to display control for each type in any of conditions. It's how things are set in my mapping.

I'm in with your mapping - really straightforward!

1 thing tho:
    The filters cant be on at the same time for deck A and B, otherwise it'll mess up the on/off button, and u'll be adding or lowering the volume.
    Can u fix this somehow?

ADDED suggestion:
    I'd love to play with the FLUX-mode in Traktor; could u implement an activation on/off for Flux-mode for all 4 decks?
    I don't know if this helps ya, but here's a How-To control Flux mode with the S4:

What you basically do to set traktor deck focus selector on one side and use four a modifier (4 state) at the other side of the unit. Should be able to control same deck in both focuses at one time. I personally prefer both created out of modifiers with independent shift function for each of focuses And use traktor focus for other stuff.
    Hm... not exactly sure what you are completely suggesting still. Would you be able to link me to a vid of the function so I can see what it does? Nothing professional, just a simple 30 sec vid of the thing in action.

You could free that button as mention and instead you can use shift > deck selector button to go trough deck flavors for that deck and have pads to display control for each type in any of conditions. It's how things are set in my mapping.
    True, but I feel that my mapping currently provides enough feedback for the deck flavor state already. If you have the hotcue button lit, you are in track; if the auto loop button is lit, you are in remix. I wish I could change the color of the buttons to red or something to indicate that you are not in that flavor if you press the button when the deck is playing (which doesn't allow you to change to the deck flavor as a fail safe during performance). If you are suggesting this because some people might use live input decks, I would rather just help them make the adjustment on their own rather than change my entire mapping. I made it this way because I think the majority of DJs (perhaps a supermajority) only use the track and remix decks (although I could be wrong), so I didn't find it necessary to incorporate the input decks.

As for the freed button, I feel that there is enough free buttons when considering the last performance mode button and pads which are completely unmapped. This allows people to do things like you suggested without having to drastically rework the map flow.

Regardless, I do use this mapping technique for my APC40 and it works for me well
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by bascurtiz View Post
    I'm in with your mapping - really straightforward!

1 thing tho:
    The filters cant be on at the same time for deck A and B, otherwise it'll mess up the on/off button, and u'll be adding or lowering the volume.
    Can u fix this somehow?
    Thank you for your kind words bascurtiz! Dah! Obviously I did not test it well enough! I believe I can fix that really quick. I just need to change the modifier to be 4 states instead of 1 (which I thought I did already). I'll have the fix up later today.

Quote Originally Posted by bascurtiz View Post
    ADDED suggestion:
    I'd love to play with the FLUX-mode in Traktor; could u implement an activation on/off for Flux-mode for all 4 decks?
    I don't know if this helps ya, but here's a How-To control Flux mode with the S4:

I was planning on trying to do this, but for some reason I thought flux required a knob-like control (obviously I haven't used flux at all, haha) and I was running out of knobs so I didn't. Now that I know its a simple button press, I'll have it available in the next mapping update.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast