I made a song key database that recommends compatible tracks for harmonic mixing

Default I made a song key database that recommends compatible tracks for harmonic mixing

http://songkeybpm.com

It's all browser based so no need to download anything!

Apologies if this kind of post is frowned upon here. I got a lot of positive feedback for my website from the DJ subreddit and thought it may be valuable to readers here as well. Plus I'd love to hear any feedback you have so I can make Song Key BPM even better!

Basically it provides you with song information for a massive library of music. It gives you key, bpm, and even values like how danceable or happy a song is.

Also it can recommend stylistically compatible tracks that have similar bpms and keys which may mix well together.

Got the idea when I tried to a google a key for a song and nothing came up. Doesn't seem like there was a good, centralised source for this information on the internet before now.

I've got a lot of ideas around this.

If you hit 5 posts, PM me and we can talk.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I've got a lot of ideas around this.

If you hit 5 posts, PM me and we can talk.
    I'm intrigued. Alright I'll get back to you.

Tech Wizard

All in favour of people doing stuff, but why use this as opposed to the free or paid key analysers?

Quote Originally Posted by niknok View Post
    All in favour of people doing stuff, but why use this as opposed to the free or paid key analysers?
    I am not totally familiar with all the tools available to DJs but I believe it has some advantage over the other key analyzers in that:

• It's free
    • It's browser based and does not require a download
    • Can be used to get the key of tracks you don't own
    • Is one of the quickest ways of finding the key of a single given song
    • Also provides recommendations for tracks that will mix well for any given track

I'd like to here what you think of these points though.

Default Appreciation

Wanted To Say Thank You For This. I'm A New Proud Member To The Site. I'm Currently Running A Pair Of Pioneer DDJ-RB'S With My FL Studio 12 And A Few Web Chrome Based Synths And Endless Downloaded Plugins, Haven't Dove In. Just Wanted To Ask I'm Unable To Send A PM To Zombie Vomit, I Would Like To Ask Him For A Custom Project And Im Just Unable To Find Him Or Send PMS.Any Help Greatly Appreciated!

Tech Wizard

I think this has a lot of potential, but the main downfall I find is that it cannot write metadata. Metadata is extremely important, but it is time consuming to enter. If you can add a batch metadata writer that syncs with the database I'm sure it would get a lot more use.

Good ideas though! I hope to see this grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Souvlaki View Post
    I think this has a lot of potential, but the main downfall I find is that it cannot write metadata. Metadata is extremely important, but it is time consuming to enter. If you can add a batch metadata writer that syncs with the database I'm sure it would get a lot more use.

Good ideas though! I hope to see this grow!
    Thanks! Sorry I lost track of this thread.

I appreciate your feedback and that definitely seems like a valuable feature to add at some point. What kind of metadata specifically would you want to write?

Awesome project Orpheon!
    Can you tell us a little more about how/where the info is pulled from?
    AccousticBrainz?
    Current DJ Gear: Kontrol S8 | Denon DN-SC2000 | V-Moda XS / Logitech Z5500
    Past:
    Numark 4TRAK / Kontrol X1 + Z1 + F1 / Novation Twitch / Denon MC3000
    Reloop Jockey 3 Remix / M-Audio Xponent / V-Moda Crossfade LP

It's a cool tool, but that has now become Tunebat which has some features but I prefer https://getsongkey.com/ as I can find tracks by genre and they have a harmonic mixing tool which is great for a DJ like myself. Find tracks on the fly that go well together and also delve into the bpm of a track so I can also keep steady tempos where needed.
    Last edited by DjSkemo; 04-07-2020 at 05:48 PM.