Traktor Z2 issues

Default Traktor Z2 issues

Evening all,

Couple of weeks ago the mixer would suddenly just stop working with the software.
    The track would continue to play however there would be no control via the mixer only through the computer.

Turn it off then back on and normal service is resumed for about an hour then the same again.

When I started to do a wiggle test. (I'm a heavy equipment tech so some of you will understand the term) the USB port at the back of the mixer seemed to be the culprit.

I done this a couple of more times for conformation but now I get nothing.

This mixer type has has had issues from day one (not even this one, this is the third one I got to replace the first two through the dealer).

Its well out of warranty with NI now so I'm hoping some of you may be able to shed some light on what could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BKemp View Post
    Evening all,

Couple of weeks ago the mixer would suddenly just stop working with the software.
    The track would continue to play however there would be no control via the mixer only through the computer.

Turn it off then back on and normal service is resumed for about an hour then the same again.

When I started to do a wiggle test. (I'm a heavy equipment tech so some of you will understand the term) the USB port at the back of the mixer seemed to be the culprit.

I done this a couple of more times for conformation but now I get nothing.

This mixer type has has had issues from day one (not even this one, this is the third one I got to replace the first two through the dealer).

Its well out of warranty with NI now so I'm hoping some of you may be able to shed some light on what could be wrong.
    Is the little center part of the usb port wiggly?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Default Z2 issues

Nope fairly solid from what can see and feel.
    Can the USB cable degrade at the connector end. Its the one that came with the mixer.