Live video streaming copyright

Default Live video streaming copyright

Hi, a friend and I hosted a “vinyl night” on Facebook where we invited people to play a couple of tracks on their decks at home using their mobiles for camera & audio. We used Streamyard that allows you to show multiple feeds and broadcasts live to Facebook live. The only issue, copyright. We got shutdown in 30 mins. Are there any more forgiving apps/ platforms we can broadcast on and copy and paste a link into our Facebook group page to direct people. Please help.

I personally like https://restream.io/ as you can stream to that and then it restreams to multiple places. https://www.twitch.tv/ and youtube live are probably the most popular streaming solutions otherwise.

Copyright is mainly an issue with the bigger labels so if you play more underground music you're less likely to get flagged about it. Facebook is notoriously bad about it.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I've been playing live on facebook alot recently. I have to stay away from commercial/popular stuff due to gettting temporarily muted a few times. Bassline is right. Stick to the more underground stuff.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Its a disgrace that as big as facebook is and the amount of DJs I see going live on facebook or even just regular people that they don't strike a deal with BMI and ASCAP in the way youtube has done.