Using Giphy for Visuals
    Tech Convert

Default Using Giphy for Visuals

Hi guys,

I hope you all are staying well out there! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong sub, I didn't see anything dedicated to VJ-type discussions..

My question is about adding visualizations to my mix.. I want to have a TV act as a facade in front of the DJ booth, and I'd like to have gif's or animated memes scrolling through as I mix.
    I have the ability to have a separate computer handling the visual aspect, but I'm not sure the best way to go about this. There seemed to be an app where you could tap in a BPM and set Gifs to that tempo, called Giphy-gj but it apparently is no longer available. If something is available similar to Gifphy GJ, I feel that's the easier way to do this, but it also may better to have it synced to Traktor through midi somehow.. That's certainly over my head though..

TLDR; My question is: Can I sync random gifs via Traktor to Giphy or some other random-full screen gif service (without local having the actual .gif files), or is there an app that can provide a random gif at full screen with a way to tap tempo for speed of image change?

Thanks everyone

[edit for grammar!]
    Last edited by AJw34; 04-19-2020 at 11:21 PM.
    Country Roads, Take Me Home.

it's cool...anything to drive a little trafiic
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Convert

Update! I actually found that the maker of that software, released a free and paid version here. Gonna check it out and see how it works!
    Country Roads, Take Me Home.