I just got MacbookPro now, never used mac before, need help regarding snow leopard

Default I just got MacbookPro now, never used mac before, need help regarding snow leopard

i have: Macbook Pro (it is new 15"4, do not know which "edition" if there are any and if it matters...), MAC OS 1.5.8

issue: I CANNOT ACTIVATE TSPRO.

in service center after typing in my serial number this error message appears:
    Code:
    Not Activated - The serial number is already registered in another User Account
    Could this be some known issue with SC behaving chaotic in Mac OS 1.5.8???

i have never given away any of my personal data (concerning login data and serial numbers of course), nor i have any knowledge it being available to anyone.
    Should i just downgrade to lower version of Mac OS (saw some threads regarding to OS leopard as being problematic)? concerning i am uber begginer into Mac OS (just got it today):

How to downgrade? is it free (i think so, not sure)? Which is stable version?
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

I'm assuming you mean OSX 10.5.8 which is actually leopard.

what version of traktor are you running? 1.2.x? snow leopard has been known to be finicky with some versions of traktor
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Tech Mentor

No matter what version of the OS you have, on the mac it never requires registration like a windows copy.
    If you have never register your copy of TP with another computer then you might want to de-register it. If you havent then, you should contact TP customer service or look at their forums.
    Usually the software developer will have a "magic button" where they can reset the registrations on multiple computers.

My situation
    I have traktor on two computers and I have no problems running it.
    Thank Ya!!!

Traktor on 2 Macs and no problems... But yeah, had something similar with a KORE-Voucher and the nice folks at NI just pressed the kill-switch for me, afterwards it was smooth sailing.
    I mix stuff on my things...

thanks for the replies

im sorry, of course i mean i have OSX 10.5.8 ... just got lost in theese versions and whatnot (it is totally new world for me - alltime PC user)

ok the deal is this: i have bought TSPRO in march and have run it on my other laptop (VAIO) - that computer crashed on me recently (something with motherboard and repair was worth the new laptop for me, so there it goes to scrap metal), so i cannot de-install my TSPRO on that machine - so you think the problem is just, and only in that service center recognize the system and remembers that i already have TSPRO on another machine and doesnt allow me to install it on another?

i already sended yesterday a mail to support explaining my situation (including that i cannot deregister TSPRO on the former machine), how fast can i expect them to make a move (on first following workday - monday? not before christmass? ... generaly i have a bad feeling about the holyday...)
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ok this is an Activation issue that was common with versions of Traktor before 1.2.2 with Unibody Macs and Snow Leopard only.

There is a Snow Leopard Fix in the Downloads Section at NI.

If you update to the latest version of Traktor 1.2.3 (or 1.2.2) this Activation issue has been solved.

All versions of Traktor , Mac or PC need Activating.

Karlos

Thanks Karlos, i knew you would know a bit more

ok i went to NI site (service center not allows me to download latest update without activation), then went on the protected downloads in Personal update manager site, and it lists no software for me... the thing is (and this is REALLY weird) i have nothing registered on the site
    Code:
    no registrations or authorisations were found on this account
    i already complained about this in my email yesterday... i clearly remember that i did register at least my Audio 8 soundcard way back in march when i first run the product - theese entries disappeared, really weird (i am not sure if i activated TSPRO software on the site itself, cant remember.. just via service center).

so i cannot even download the latest TSPRO instaler (unless i go to share networks and try to get it there and use it without crack - i think they use same instaler base and then the crack is used, so it might be fine - without crack obv)

or, can anyone upload instaler Traktor 1.2.3 scratch pro just for me via rapidshare? (atm i am trying hard to call my friend who has TSPRO as well, but cannot get hold of him)

PS. just tried to use the "Mac OSX 10.5 leopard installer patch" found on NI website, and that app is not working (when asked to find desired installer i select disc drive and it doesnt recognize installers on the instalation disc of TSPRO)

i have a feeling i am getting closer and closer with every step, keep em coming, the end is near

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ok, you have a Registration Number for TSP?

Try downloading the Demo from the website and activate that with your Registration number. Your Reg number will unlock the full TSP. The Demo may still be 1.2.2 (i havent checked but that doenst have any Activation problems)

I cannot advise you on using a torrent download and any user that hosts on Rapidshare is breaking the law (just have to say that in to cover my ass as an NI employee).

If you have an NI Support Ticket PM it to me and ill have it looked at regarding your account etc.

K

tried latest version and various fixes and - Nothing, im afraid it has to be that System ID thing. Sadly i have to wait until someone from support answers... still no reply (been 2 business days already)

anyone have experience how long should it take, or which email address to rant (if making attention works)...