Native Instruments S4 MK1 and what software
    Tech Wizard

Default Native Instruments S4 MK1 and what software

Very simple question

I am buying an Native Instruments S4 MK1 with flight case off Ebay . At home I have a MAC with High Sierra 10.13 .6 I believe . I know the S4 was made for Pro 2 . Traktor only sells Pro 3 .Will this still work well with the Mk1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac4482 View Post
    Very simple question

I am buying an Native Instruments S4 MK1 with flight case off Ebay . At home I have a MAC with High Sierra 10.13 .6 I believe . I know the S4 was made for Pro 2 . Traktor only sells Pro 3 .Will this still work well with the Mk1 ?
    Yes
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I didn’t realise the MK1 controllers worked with TP3...

Does that include the S2 MK1?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Note that the MK1 controllers will not work on macOS Catalina.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Note that the MK1 controllers will not work on macOS Catalina.
    What? Really? Any idea why not and if they are working on fixing that? Why do DJ controllers with very simple functionallity keep breaking with Mac OS updates?
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    What? Really? Any idea why not and if they are working on fixing that? Why do DJ controllers with very simple functionallity keep breaking with Mac OS updates?
    The MK1 controllers are not class-compliant and thus require drivers, which are 32-bit. macOS Catalina only runs 64-bit software.

macOS support for these controllers officially ended in late 2016, and you already needed a workaround to use them, so it was only a matter of time before they would stop working.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    The MK1 controllers are not class-compliant and thus require drivers, which are 32-bit. macOS Catalina only runs 64-bit software.

macOS support for these controllers officially ended in late 2016, and you already needed a workaround to use them, so it was only a matter of time before they would stop working.
    However, they do still work fine on Windows.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6